Local HD offered in Atlanta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
I'm currently an E* customer(8yrs) and looking to switch to D*. I called D* and they offered me the four major Atlanta networks locally in HD. I thought they would not be available until summer 05. I called back later just to make sure it was true, and they confirmed the information I was told in the previous call. The D* representative said they will add the rest of the HD locals between now and this summer. I cannot get local HD via an OTA or cable, so this is good news for me.

I need to SD tivo's and A HR 10-250 with total premier pack with HD to get started. Anybody know what the best deal is for someone in my situation.

BTW, Great Site

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Atlanta HD locals will be available this summer after the new satellite is lauched.

Maybe they mean that you can get the NY/LA distant locals in HD because some of your local stations are owned and operated by their respective companies?

I just called D* for the third time and got the same response. They assured me that I would receive ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX in HD via my local networks. I confirmed that the HD feeds are not from NY/LA.

I have the HD Package and I only get Fox HD from D out of NY, I get all of OTA channels in HD when they are showing shows in HD, But like someone said not untill the summer will you be able to get all of your locls from D in HD.

Could someone please tell me how D* is offering me ABC,NBC,CBS, and FOX in Local HD. I've spoken with them three times, and I think they are growing tired of my calls. They promised me the feeds wouold be via satellite , and NOT by using an ota antenna. Furthermore, they said the hd channels would NOT be feeds from LA/NY.

I want to be sure of all of this before I spend $1000+ in D* equipment, and make the leap from E*.

superd said:
Could someone please tell me how D* is offering me ABC,NBC,CBS, and FOX in Local HD. I've spoken with them three times, and I think they are growing tired of my calls. They promised me the feeds wouold be via satellite , and NOT by using an ota antenna. Furthermore, they said the hd channels would NOT be feeds from LA/NY.

I want to be sure of all of this before I spend $1000+ in D* equipment, and make the leap from E*.

Why would you spend $1000+ in equipment?

superd:

They're full of crap.

No one is getting LOCAL HD channels unless you live in NYC or LA, and won't be until two more satellites launch later this year.

(Plenty of folks do have the networks in HD, but they're Distant Nets, not local channels, unless you live in the DMA where the east and west feed originate.)

Maybe they are thinking that you can get your locals OTA . Maybe they are going to put up an OTA antenna for you with the deal. I had the CBS HD feed at 1 time but I got tired of paying $1.50 for it when I was getting it OTA for free.

I can assure you that HD Atlanta locals are NOT available without an OTA antenna. Atlanta is among the 12 markets to get locals in HD later this year.

Ok, I'm the fool. As suggested, I spoke with the HD eligibility dept(1-800-263-0028). They apologized for the incorrect information I received from three different CSR's. Looks like I will have until this summer for local HD. And all this time I thought it was just the E* reps who were idiots.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts