local HD on Dish network??

**Blech**

Pardon me as I get sick.

Now I'm certain that I've read somewhere that E* is putting up some new birds. Is this for expanded coverage, or to replace existing ones?

Certainly I would hope that E*, in a effort to keep up with D*, would begin a local HD initiative.

The only satellite they are puttin up is AMC15, which is replacing AMC2 at 105 W

AMC2 doesnt reach the whole US right now, and AMC15 will give it coverage....I heard this one has spotbeams, so the bandwidth used for locals might be able to free up some TP's (because of using spotbeams vs CONUS) so we might get some HD there

I think that Charlie's first priority is to get congress to pass laws allowing DBS providers
to rebroadcast "Distant" network (ABC,NBC,FOX,UPN,Etc.) to customers unable to recieve digital broadcasts of their local networks. Not the best solution for most subscribers due to local weather and news/sports, but it would allow HD customers to
get network HD programming. I would imagine Dish would make bandwidth space available to accomplish this.

Iceberg said:
AMC2 doesnt reach the whole US right now, and AMC15 will give it coverage....I heard this one has spotbeams, so the bandwidth used for locals might be able to free up some TP's (because of using spotbeams vs CONUS) so we might get some HD there

On AMC15, the spot beams are on the Ka band portion of the satellite.

briani said:
I think that Charlie's first priority is to get congress to pass laws allowing DBS providers
to rebroadcast "Distant" network (ABC,NBC,FOX,UPN,Etc.) to customers unable to recieve digital broadcasts of their local networks. Not the best solution for most subscribers due to local weather and news/sports, but it would allow HD customers to
get network HD programming. I would imagine Dish would make bandwidth space available to accomplish this.

Yes being in an area too far from any OTA HD really limits my ability to get much HD.

If Charlie could accomplish this I would be very grateful as it is I get my locals but cant get my OTA HD locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts