Local Problems via Sat and AMA21 Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danjfoley

Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
SO i have had problems with my locals. NBC being the worst. Called Direct TV, they say they know about the problem, (green screens, pixelation, audio stuttering etc)..

But from what i hear this has been a problem for a while, does anyone in the know have any idea when this is going to be fixed. I understand it's a software/transmission problem, but why not just fix it?

And since it's such a problem what are the odds I can get a free AMA21?

Now, some questions about the AMA21... If i just put rabbit ears up to my HD TV, i can get one channel pretty good in HD, and the rest are iffy. So i'm assuming if i want to get better then that with the AMA21 I'm going to need to put one of those big ugly over the air antenna on my roof. Is this correct?

I have a slate roof so this is probably not going to be so easy. Is there some other option with the ama21 that i'm missing?

you can try to get a free AM21. at least they'll probably give you a discount. right now full price is $50 including shipping. I got mine for$25 so give it a shot. Some have gotten the am21 free.

regular antenna is good enough

Here's a link to a thread at DBS. There does seem to be an issue with NBC in your area. However, I still think your signal levels are just a little low. As far as an outdoor antenna goes. You can use stand offs or chimney mounts or other solutions rather than mount it on the roof. D is supposed to be following the reports from the thread I am providing. If I were you I would wait untill they fix the problem before I spent the money for an antenna install. One more friendly piece of advice I would give you is : If you wish help keep it confined to one thread. The good folks here are not going to chase around trying to help you if you have the same problem in 2 or 3 different threads.

HD Locals: Pittsburgh, PA - DBSTalk.Com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)