Local program info gone from EPG.

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
I wuz thrilled when my locals info showed up in my EPG back in November(?). I receive them OTA and have never received 'em via Dish. Now they've raised my monthly fee and the local info is gone.:mad: Am I correct in assuming the info was there as part of a "free" local promotion that expired 3/1?? Of course my Dish 500 cannot even access my locals but since I receive them fine OTA I see no reason to pay $6 @ month. I have a 921 and setting timers to record manually is a PITA!

Do you receive your locals via OTA only? Did you also have the programming info in your EPG and lose it 3/1?:confused:

nope. You had one of the boxes that was able to get guide info without subscribing to locals (my 811 did the same thing). Dish did a software "upgrade" to force you to subscribe to locals to get the EPG

Guess my $3 @ month rate increase paid for that software release. Golly, thanks Dish! Funny, I've been with Dish for years (almost since the begining) and NEVER had locals thru them but local info showed up on my EPG sometime in November for the 1st time.
I'm considering doing the 622 upgrade thing and wondering if my locals would come in from the Dish 1000. How do I find out what satellite my locals are on??
Thanks for your response!
Ed

By going to DVR Advantage I was able to get my locals for only $1 more a month. I did have to either commit to 18 months OR credit card auto-pay. I chose the latter.
I have to say the CSR was courteous and seemed to know what she was doing. I was only on hold for maybe a 1/2 minute & everything went like it should have. Her English wasn't even too bad. I'm still in shock, LOL.

I am confused I have a 622 and pay for locals but my epg is just showing "digital service" for my ota channels. it sounds like it should be showing the data?

I am confused I have a 622 and pay for locals but my epg is just showing "digital service" for my ota channels. it sounds like it should be showing the data?

if you pay for "your" locals (and haven't "moved") yes you should be seeing guide info on the HD OTA channels on your 622. It probably wont show guide data for the subchannels (the -2, -3 etc) but it should show for the main ones

if you pay for "your" locals (and haven't "moved") yes you should be seeing guide info on the HD OTA channels on your 622. It probably wont show guide data for the subchannels (the -2, -3 etc) but it should show for the main ones

I wonder if the OP and the replies are potentially talking about 2 different things.

One is folks who don't have locals getting guide data. The replies thus far address this succinctly.

The other (and I think more significant) is the AMOUNT of guide data which showed up earlier this year. In my market, ALL local OTA stations (including subchannels and lesser digitals not provided by Dish as LiL) were supplied with data in the EPG on my Dish receiver. This seemed to last for 3-4 weeks in my area.

Sadly, it's now gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts