Local station issue with 771-Signal loss on Satellite in 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tcovil

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
TX
I've had it with Directv. At the beginning of June I started experiencing problems with my local stations. Trying to tune any local station would give me a black screen with the "771-Signal loss on Satellite in 1" error. At first, it would eventually tune to the station after a minute or two.

I called DTV and they sent a technician. He was here all of five minutes and immediately said this is a known issue that technicians can't fix and that a service call should never have been created. I got his supervisor on the phone, and he confirmed that it's a DTV issue with the engineers.

I asked DTV to give me the national feeds of the broadcast networks until this issue is resolved. They refused, saying its against FCC regulations.

Meanwhile it's been 4 months and the problem is much worse. Just today my Fox station took 19 minutes to come in. I timed it - no exaggeration.

So I called DTV and asked to speak to a manager so that I could be released from my contract. After a long hold, the guy came on and tried to argue with me as if this was a problem on my end and was specific to my equipment - despite my already being told that this is a big issue affecting many people.

Finally he said he would transfer me to a department that could release me from my contract. I promptly heard a message that told me I had been transferred to a non-working number at Directv. The call was terminated. After 39 minutes.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions to resolve this issue?

unless a satellite has fallen down from spac3, 771 is mosl likely caused by a problem in v equipment. Usually 771 is casued by a porly aligned dish and/or a corroded connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a little more info...

I'm in the Texas Panhandle. My receiver is HR34/700. Software is 0xa05.

As far as signal strength, I've gone into the menu but it's a pretty clunky interface, and I don't really know what I'm doing. If someone thinks the info may be relevant and could walk me thru what to check, let me know.

unless a satellite has fallen down from spac3, 771 is mosl likely caused by a problem in v equipment. Usually 771 is casued by a porly aligned dish and/or a corroded connector.

If that is the case, then I am very confused as to why a technician sent by DirecTV, as well as that technician's supervisor, would tell me something completely different.

If that is the case, then I am very confused as to why a technician sent by DirecTV, as well as that technician's supervisor, would tell me something completely different.
they v know what they are talking about. is not like is the fost time the lie to a customer to keep moving the line

if you can post screenshots of your signal quality that would help. you can find it by going settings & help > settings > satellite > signal strength. pictures of all locations would help (101, 99ca, etc).

if you can post screenshots of your signal quality that would help. you can find it by going settings & help > settings > satellite > signal strength. pictures of all locations would help (101, 99ca, etc).

Here they are. And in case I wasn't clear before, the issue is with each and every local channel, but ONLY local channels.

image.jpg image.jpg

without seeing the other satellites i'd say your dish is probably fine in alignment, could be slightly better but not enough to cause 771. if you have a 7/16 open end wrench i'd suggest you take a look at all the coax fittings you can get to and see if any of them are corroded. if you need something to reference, a quick google image search should show you a good one and bad one.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Tcovil!
Can you post a screen shot of 99s and 103s?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Tcovil!
Can you post a screen shot of 99s and 103s?
Tcovil,
Yes, your locals will be on a Sat you did not post photos of.

Btw, you said the interface was clunky, what recvrs are you using and is it a SWM or non SWM set up ?

What city in Texas are you in, this way we'll know what transponder and Sat you need to look at.

It is more and likely coax fittings and noise isolation issue. Do you have compressed fittings or crimped? D requires compressed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)