Local Station on 811

CCMoor

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Central Ohio
How come if my local station are broadcasting in HDTV (Columbus Ohio) NBC4, ABC6, CBS10, FOX28. why are they not coming in in HDTV on my system?

CCMoor said:
How come if my local station are broadcasting in HDTV (Columbus Ohio) NBC4, ABC6, CBS10, FOX28. why are they not coming in in HDTV on my system?
First, you need to hook up a UHF antenna to the 811's antenna port.

Second, look in your 811 user's guide for the section on scanning for local digital channels.

If you've done that correctly, then the digital stations should show up in the EPG with a yellow background.

Digital stations don't broadcast in HD 24/7. Check for programs that you know are HD.

Then I would have my local on my system 3 time. I have them on the local 4,6,10,28 etc. and also in the 7000 sometime. Just dont understand if they are already included with the system then why do i need an UHF Antenna seam a wast. Why offer it with loacl then have to still put an antenna. So just very very new to this hole satelite thing.

the locals dish offers are only analog not HDTV.

You need to get your locals HD signals via an antenna and not dish

BFG said:
the locals dish offers are only analog not HDTV.

You need to get your locals HD signals via an antenna and not dish
Since I could not get my locals OTA, too far away and mountains in the way, I gave in and subscribed to basic cable with an HD box to get them. Works great and only costs me $20 a month.

BTW, PLEASE, can you stop your extremely annoying fireworks. They are driving me crazy and makes it difficult to read the important messages you are trying to convey. (I tried duck tape to cover it but that didn't work to well) ;)

CCMoor said:
well locals always be analog even if the loacl are alread DTV/HDTV on dish?
No, locals are in a transition period now. They are broadcasting in both analog and digital. Only the digital signal can carry HD.

The analog signal is what E* and D* are using now for locals from the satellite. That is SD only, and that will go away a few years down the road when the stations turn off the analog signal.

Anyway, your HD over the local antenna will look much sharper than the same HD after E* has compressed it for re-transmission to your dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts