local stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riclil

Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
I would like to reactivate my dish. But I live on a town line, :confused: my neighbor is in the Boston DMA I'm in the Providence DMA. My cable company provides both. I only want the Boston Station. How do I get Dish to provide me with the Boston stations

You do not get a choice with Dish Network with what local market that you want. You are only allowed what the law allows you to have and that is the local market in your area only.

when I asked the FCC about this they told me the DMa's are only guide lines.and its up to the satillate companies to determ. Also Neilson who establishes DMA said the same thing as some areas overlap

Well yes and no. E* makes agreements which the networks in the area and some of the things that are determined are the guide lines. Thats one of the reasons that when you can't get locals waivers have to be submitted through the network affiliates. So yes the satellite companies determine because the agreements D* may be different from the agreements E* has in an area so availability would be different. And no because its all one big contract with us tying the networks hands and vice versa.

riclil said:
I would like to reactivate my dish. But I live on a town line, :confused: my neighbor is in the Boston DMA I'm in the Providence DMA. My cable company provides both. I only want the Boston Station. How do I get Dish to provide me with the Boston stations

Simple - just "move" your address across the line & get 'em...
(do a search on moving on how it's done)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)