Locals and blackouts

strak82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Maine
Hi,

I'm just curious if someone can give me some info as everyone has been so helpful on here so far. I live in Maine, but I have an aunt that lives in Scranton, PA and I was wondering if I were to change my service address to her Scranton address would I be able to get the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton locals since they are on the ConUS beam, not to mention FSN Pittsburgh without the blackouts? The reason I want to switch it up is I would like to order the Regional Sports Package and get all the Pittsburgh Penguin games without having to buy NHL Center Ice. Anyway I just thought I would ask if it's possible. Thanks for everything, everyone is awesome on here!

I assume your current dish sees 61.5?

If so it **might** work. Reason I say might is this. The locals you'd be fine with. However FSN Pittsburgh is not the RSN you'd get (its the NY ones). You mention the sports pack but I dont know if it will be blacked out. Directv has something on their site that tells you which RSN you get for zip (Dish only tells you which RSN you get locally). I used a Scranton zip and it say (at least on Directv) you get FSN Pittsburgh with the sports pack and Pens & Pirates are not blacked out. Dish may be different due to the contracts when you get outside the "local" area.
An example is here in Minnesota. NE and SE MN (Duluth, MN and Rochester, MN markets) the Brewers claim that area along with the Twins. D* subs get both teams, E* subs only get the Twins. The contract between the RSN and the sat company may be different.

Worst case scenario is it doesn't work (as in you're blacked out) and you move back

Hey guys, I moved to just outside Milford area in Delaware from East Rutherford in NJ. Could i get my New York locals all the way down here if i had my folks billing address which is still in East Rutherford?

The locals channels in this area suck so bad and also i miss WCBS,WNBC etc.

Am i too far down?

Any help would be great, Thank you in advance.

We had a guy try to get NY locals from somewhere in Delaware, and he couldn't. I forget which city he was in, but IIRC it was southern DE. E12 is definitely rotated quite a bit NE from it's design orientation, or this would be a piece of cake.

Where I am lucky I get 2 spotbeams 2 and 3. But for some reason I can't get transponder 3 on spotbeam 3 for some reason but I get all the other ones fine.

I assume your current dish sees 61.5?

If so it **might** work. Reason I say might is this. The locals you'd be fine with. However FSN Pittsburgh is not the RSN you'd get (its the NY ones). You mention the sports pack but I dont know if it will be blacked out. Directv has something on their site that tells you which RSN you get for zip (Dish only tells you which RSN you get locally). I used a Scranton zip and it say (at least on Directv) you get FSN Pittsburgh with the sports pack and Pens & Pirates are not blacked out. Dish may be different due to the contracts when you get outside the "local" area.
An example is here in Minnesota. NE and SE MN (Duluth, MN and Rochester, MN markets) the Brewers claim that area along with the Twins. D* subs get both teams, E* subs only get the Twins. The contract between the RSN and the sat company may be different.

Worst case scenario is it doesn't work (as in you're blacked out) and you move back

FSN - Pittsburgh, Penguins and Pirates games are not blacked out in Scranton, but you do have to purchase the Multi-sports pack in order to get the channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)