locals in nd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

topjimi99

Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
north dakota
hey guys, i,m new here so don't bang to hard if i do something wrong.:) my question is, i live in nd, and i can't get locals from dtv, but my nephew gets them for free on dish. whats the deal? i just upgraded to hd, so i'm just wondering if and when the locals will be available? thanks

What is your zip code? County of residence would do just as well.

sounds like you are in the Minot/Bismarck area (Western ND)....Dish has locals available there but Directv does not have them yet

thats the simple answer. Dish carries them, Direct doesnt :)

Iceberg is correc, as always.

More detail for the newbie.

The country is divided into 212 markets. More or less these markets are defined by county lines and the providers provide the locals based on this system. Western ND is a place that DirecTV chooses not to do business, and DISH does. That simple. Currenly both providers provide locals to about 90% of the country.

Yeah, about those caps, i'm not what you'd call a good typer. Yes i'm in northwestern ND 58801, and thanks for the info. Dtv is no help at all. I hope they get them soon, the rest of the nascar season is on nbc. Again, thanks for the help

Yeah, about those caps, i'm not what you'd call a good typer. Yes i'm in northwestern ND 58801, and thanks for the info. Dtv is no help at all. I hope they get them soon, the rest of the nascar season is on nbc. Again, thanks for the help

I haven't looked to see exactly where you are, but how about OTA ?

From my read of the charts, you should be able to get plenty of TV, including some Canadian channels, with a good outside antenna.

This should give you a good idea of what you need:

AntennaWeb

A good place to look for antennas is:

Off-Air TV & HDTV Antennas, Amplifiers, and Installation Accessories

FYI, I'll be is somewhat the same boat as you when I move to the Fargo area in August. I'm currently a D sub in Seattle. I'll need D there to get to see the sports teams I care about. But
E carries the local HD. Good luck with the OTA.

This should give you a good idea of what you need:

AntennaWeb

A good place to look for antennas is:

Off-Air TV & HDTV Antennas, Amplifiers, and Installation Accessories

FYI, I'll be is somewhat the same boat as you when I move to the Fargo area in August. I'm currently a D sub in Seattle. I'll need D there to get to see the sports teams I care about. But
E carries the local HD. Good luck with the OTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)