locals on 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sds39

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Elizabeth City,North Carolina
I live in NE NC and had to have a 500 dish installed to receive HD locals from the Tidewater VA area. They were coming in on 61.5 and I had a high signal. Today out of the blue they are on 129 and a very low signal. Is this a permanent change or will they change back? anyone's help is appreciated. Shelton

They are on both arcs now and for whatever reason your receiver is giving preference to the ones on 129. A quick solution is to take some foil and cover the leftmost LNB as you stand behind the dish (or rightmost as you face the dish). That's the 129 LNB. That should force the use of 61.5. You may also need to do a Check Switch afterwards depending.

I live in NE NC and had to have a 500 dish installed to receive HD locals from the Tidewater VA area. They were coming in on 61.5 and I had a high signal. Today out of the blue they are on 129 and a very low signal. Is this a permanent change or will they change back? anyone's help is appreciated. Shelton
if you have a Dish 500 antenna you'd have to have a seperate antenna to get 61.5.
PLease post back you exact dish type so we can help.

yes, if you can remove 129 from your switch matrix, you will be fine. i am assuming you have a 1000 dish with a 61.5 500 wing. if there is a switch installed it would be as simple as unscrewing the 129 input. otherwise...the tinfoil thing.

don't forget to put a rubber band around the base of the tin foil, else on a windy day the foil would come lose and you'd have to deal with all of that good programming available on 129....

don't forget to put a rubber band around the base of the tin foil, else on a windy day the foil would come lose and you'd have to deal with all of that good programming available on 129....
not correct
once the checkswitch is done, and 129 is 'x'
it doesnt matter if its covered anymore.
i have to say though, the signal strength on 129 is really strong these days. blows 61.5 out of the water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)