Locals on ConUS change observations

navigates

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Los Angeles
Since Evansville got moved to the spot on 61.5, the channels would still come in if I did a check switch and blocked of 61.5, thus forcing dish to pull those channels form 77.
Having moved to Lexinigton, KY, the channels are getting defaulted to 77 instead of 61.5. If I do a check switch by blocking off 77, they come in just fine on 61.5

It looks like Dish is provisioning markets on selective basis to move to 61.5. From the above find, It looks like Evansville have moved over officially to 61.5's spot and Lexington is still officially active on 77, even though it is alive on 61.5.

Its fun when you have your dish on your patio to play around vs. going up to the roof. I remember helping a friend set his eastern arc in the cold. I left the wires hanging and told him, I'll be back during the summers. Till date the wires are still hanging. :D

Okay if DISH dumps the 77 sat for people in the U.S. to use for locals and or latino programming ,then you would only need 61.5 and 72.7 sats for eastern arc, thus the new 2 lnb and the discontinuation of the 1000.4 sat dish. So if DISH can do all the programming on just two sats on eastern arc, then and if they ever go all mpeg4 on western arc , I wonder if they will no longer use the 110 sat? Go back to just two sats for everything on either arc-except for internationals?

Ah, but that's not going to help navigates who can't get a look at 129! I'm not sure why he just doesn't get the San Diego channels considering he can see them on 110 very easily.....

Good observation. The reason I don’t pick up San Diego from 110 is because the lnb I have for the western arc is the legacy one which requires a switch. I had to go that way to feed only 118 to the eastern arc as an input. If and when the eastern arc looses all locals, I will but a new lnb with the internal switch and plug in the eastern arc lnb. Now I have to figure out what is the default satellite on the eastern arc. If it is 72.7 then I’m golden else I will have to realign to pick up 72.7. The new setup would be 110, 119, 118 and input from eastern to 72.7. This will get me the San Diego Locals with a Mixed Arc perspective.

I don’t care which locals I get but any one works. As for now the Eastern Arc still has some Locals life left into it, so staying put.

Okay if DISH dumps the 77 sat for people in the U.S. to use for locals and or latino programming ,then you would only need 61.5 and 72.7 sats for eastern arc, thus the new 2 lnb and the discontinuation of the 1000.4 sat dish. So if DISH can do all the programming on just two sats on eastern arc, then and if they ever go all mpeg4 on western arc , I wonder if they will no longer use the 110 sat? Go back to just two sats for everything on either arc-except for internationals?

Don't you mean (no longer use 129?) As 119,and 110 are the main sats.

I don't have LOS for 129. If I had that I wouldn't be playing around with the eastern arc. When I moved this this new place I saw the sky and though if you can pick one say you will get all three and signed up. It was when dish came in and said no HD as no 129. I then researched and found out that I can pick up 72.7.

What he needs is a 1000.4 EA for 61.5/72.7 &77 and a 500+ for 118 if he wants to stay with EA locals.

Last edited:
Don't you mean (no longer use 129?) As 119,and 110 are the main sats.

Since most of the spotbeams are on 129 I would think that 110 would go. But it could be any one of the sats that DISH wants to eliminate to get just two lnbs again and to be in parity to eastern arc with just 61.5 and 72.7 sats.

I never knew 110 was on its way out. The current configuration works fine but you never know dishnetwork. I moved channels of 61.5 to 77 and now back to 61.5 to the new sat. Earlier they had 148. You can never predict whats gonna happen next. All internationals were on 61.5. Which worked perfectly fine until they came out with the FSS sat of 118 which till date has a significantly low signal level when compared to 110/119.

I agree we can make educated guesses but who knows what Dish will come up with, and I mean that for better or worse. But as an educated guess,I see;

110/118/119 with 118 staying as is, and one of the other two becoming what 129 is now. There are a number of ways to handle locals between the ARC's too much to speculate. This could require no changes to the current WA customer's set-up, and going forward back to a two LNB Dish unless getting internationals. It should also provide stronger signals. They will need to do something at 129 to keep it.

Since most of the spotbeams are on 129 I would think that 110 would go. But it could be any one of the sats that DISH wants to eliminate to get just two lnbs again and to be in parity to eastern arc with just 61.5 and 72.7 sats.

129 is at such a low elevation is why I would think it would be the odd sat out.

I wish that E* would hurry up on the WA conversion. Then move all the international channels off 118 to say 110 or 129 and 77. Right now I use 4 dishes and so can't add 118 to the mix. I have 61.5 for LIL then 110, 119, & 129(spot is too tight for my "moved" LIL). I'm limited to 4 dishes on my DPP-44 switch.

129 is at such a low elevation is why I would think it would be the odd sat out.

129w is their western rock star, the only western slot with 32 transponders (110 and 119 are shared with directv).

Things will probably stay stable, maybe with some eastern sd locals moving off 110w to free up more space for western locals (if needed).

Also have to remember that their work over the last couple of years has built redundancy into the system using their present configuration.

I'm surprised Dish didn't add international channels to 77 long ago.

Totally Agree as they earlier had Internationals on 61.5. Now that 61.5 has space, 77 has a lot of space. It would be best if they built redundancy on 77 as well for internationals so uses can switch back to a single dish configuration for the EA's

I am just thinking that the 129 sat has all the spotbeams for locals and 110 has only a few in comparison. But I am just speculating. DISH may not remove any of the sats and keep the triple lnb configuration. I was only thinking that if DISH ever went all mpeg 4 on western arc and they wanted just a two lnb solution ,similar to what eastern arc has now, that they would eliminate the lesser used sat. The 110 sat has always had just a few main channels, that don't fit on 119 or 129. The 129 has all the hd channels and a lot of spotbeam locals. So I would think that the 110 sat would make the most sense to be removed .

I'm surprised Dish didn't add international channels to 77 long ago.

I always thought that 77 sat should be used for internationals too. Then if you did all western arc mpeg 4 conversion they could move the international channels to say the 110 sat and keep the triple lnb configuration. But if DISH did use the 77 sat for internationals on eastern arc , they would have to come back out with the triple lnb dish again like the now discontinued 1000.4 sat dish -that I still have. That being said ,I have never understood why DISH has so many different configurations, lnbs, switches, and all those different receivers. I would hate to be an installer for DISH and keep up with all the changes they keep making day to day.

If the dish 1000.4 is discontinued what would 77 be used for? Besides the 1000.4 is the only config that picks up those sats with decent numbers in the west coast. I had the 1000.2 earlier and could barely touch the teens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)