Locals on Dish

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I can get my local stations at 3 different numbers on my 622. For example I can get channel 9 kmsp fox from minneapolis MN on channel 9, 6350, and at 8575.
When watching on either 9 or 6350 I get really good pq even in non HD as they do not have HD locals just network. When I look at 8575 it looks all blury and unclear.
What is the reason for 3 different places for a local and why is one of them very poor to look at? I asked a csr this and he said the two good ones were in hd and the poor one was not. That is a bunch of bull as fox is only HD at night on some programming. The two good ones look good all the time and super when in HD> 8575 is poor all the time even when HD is on.
Confused. Dave.

6350 is the HD channel through Dish
8575 is the SD channel through Dish

I dont have a 622 so I dont know but what channel maps to 9, the HD or the SD channel?? I assume you don't have a OTA antenna for HD.

Do this...select channel 9 and then do a menu 6-1-1 to see signal strngth. If the transponder shows up as TP4 satellite 110, then its the SD channel

If its on sat 129, then its the HD channel

Your SD feed is poor quality and very compressed. The HD feed is much less compressed, so even when SD it will look much better. The 6350 and 9 are the same channel just 'remapped' to your local number.

Yes 9 is a hd channel and looks great in sd. Do all the sd channels get very high compressed? Would they all look as good as sd 9 does if not as compressed.
I really can;t say a single sd channel that is not in the green favorites menu set up by the factory for hd looks much better than sd 9. In other words all 180 channels except for the hd are supposed to look like crap.
If this is so, is dish working on getting sd to look better or do we have to wait for all channels to go hd to get good pq. Thanks Dave.

The SD locals they have all 10 locals (2,4,5,9,11,17,22,23,29,45) crammed on one transponder so they look like mush

The HD has all 4 on one MPEG 4 TP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)