Locals Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deftone

Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
I am new to the satellite world but I am completely fed up with the local cable company so I had DirecTv installed this past week. I am trying to get a Fox, NBC, CBS, or ABC network in my programming. I have submitted the waiver request to DirecTv as locals are not available in my area. I have been told by one DirecTv CSR that this could take 48 hours and from another I heard 45 days. I have heard from different sources that on one hand, this is a waste of time and on the other hand that if my locals are not offered in my area, I will probably get the NY or LA networks. In my reading, I have found that a Terk TV44 is not thought of in very high regard here but I purchased it from Circuit City today and it can be returned within 30 days so I am in luck. My question involves the multi switch. When attempting to install my Terk TV44, I could not find a multi-switch anywhere on my dish. I followed the wire all the way to the wall of my house and just saw two wires together at a connector. (no multi-switch) What are my options for picking up my local channels. I am after convenience with the installation so I need a little help. By the way, I am within 10 miles of both a Fox and NBC antenna. Any help would be appreciated....thanks.

You can either install a new line all the way to the back of the receiver,or use a diplexer to combine the signals outside @ the ground block.Then use a second diplexer to seperate the signal inside @ the receiver.For this setup I use the Winegard GS2000A W/Voltage Regulated Diplexer ,they work well.If you want to use the Terk that you have all you need to do is install it on the dish,connect the coax that came with it from the dish to the Terk.Then connect the coax you removed from the dish to the Terk also_Once this is done just go inside and use the diplexer(should come with the Terk)to split the sat and ota signal and connect to propper input @ receiver.

The diplexer will connect to the line that is run to the receiver now so no need to run more coax.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts