Locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beliveauj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
We are in Niland,Ca.92257.I am with Dish and just changed my service address.I do not get any locals in HD.If i switch to DTV where would the locals come from and would they be in HD?Thanks for the help.

We are in Niland,Ca.92257.I am with Dish and just changed my service address.I do not get any locals in HD.If i switch to DTV where would the locals come from and would they be in HD?Thanks for the help.

I'm surprised, but Directv doesn't offer locals in Niland yet. I would think you would get San Diego locals, but apparently not. I think you would get LA locals since there aren't any offered in your area. They should be in hd. Have you tried calling Directv and asking what you would get? If you "moved" to San Diego you could get them.

Locals

Dish said with my zip my locals come from Yuma,Az.and somewhere else i couldn't understand.Will be in this RV park for 6 months and no HD sucks.

Dish said with my zip my locals come from Yuma,Az.and somewhere else i couldn't understand.Will be in this RV park for 6 months and no HD sucks.

Directv uses LA or NY for locals when they don't offer them for a particular area.

Put your address in here:

DIRECTV: Local/Network Channel Availability

See if you qualify for LA distant networks. Your particular DMA is not carried be DirecTV, so unless you qualify for DNS you would not get locals.

You can call DirecTV and they can check you address and apply for waivers from the local stations if necessary.

This may be the new DirecTV locals URL

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/localChannels.jsp?assetId=900018

92257 is East of the Salton Sea area / North of Mexicali and not in the LA DMA. If they are in Imperial County then yes, it is Yuma DMA. But will almost guarantee that if the OP changed their service zip to something in the LA or San Diego market that they would be in the beam's physical coverage area. East Riverside County but not all of Riverside Cty is also in the LA DMA area. You should also be able to pull the Palm Springs DMA.

beliveauj, not sure if anyone noticed your RV, but DirecTV does offer an RV waiver, which all you have to do is fill out, provide a copy of your RV license & presto, you can get both NY & LA networks. (I believe you can ONLY get either NY or LA in HD, depending which time zone you're on) No other qualifications are necessary. Do be aware that you will only be able to get the big 4 + national PBS, but by doing this, you don't have to worry about constantly changing your service address &/or loosing the networks if you move outside the regular locals spotbeams.

(I was going to provide you the link to the document, but D*'s fricken website is down AGAIN!!! :mad: )
Go to their website when it comes back up & do a search for RV waiver & you should be able to print one right out to fill out.

If you don't want to pay for DNS service, then you you'll have to use an actual physical address that is actually in the San Diego or LA DMA, depending on which one you're looking for. Keep in mind that if you pick an LA address, you would STILL be able to get the big 4 LA networks anywhere you travel, as they are still on CONUS beams, & therefore you would not have to keep switching physical addresses if you travel outside the LA spotbeam, but you would loose the additional LA locals. (PBS's, CW, & other independents)

Last edited:
Thanks DishRich.

Thanks for the changing zip code idea.Did it and now have LA locals in HD GREAT!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)