location of combiner module?

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
We recently had a new hopper along with a new antenna installed in our RV. During the installation the dish was installed on my tripod and 2 lines run to the back of the coach (about 35 feet) where the connector is for the internal lines. At this point a combiner/lighting protector module was installed with the output going to the internal connection, they had to replace the feed thru connector also.

The question is, can I move the combiner to the antenna and only run a single line back to the coach connector? If so, would there be much of a signal degradation and what would be the maximum length I could use?

Yes you can move the node to the dish and use a single line from there, as long as the line can handle 3 GHz. 200ft is the max recommended length.

Boba, yes you are right it is a solo node.
3HaloODST, thank you for that information, it is going to help a lot when I get ready to move.

Watch out for the ferrel/barrel/union for your pass-through panel(s), as they may not be rated 3GHz.
The ones used by Dish have a blue core in them AFAIK. Red core are lower rated 2.2GHz, maybe.
Even though it is only an inch of dielectric it may matter.
-Ken

I checked all the barrel connectors and they are all blue, I expected that as the installer left me a couple. I have moved the Solo Node to the antenna and am using a single lead to the RV and it is working great.

One other quick note, did the installer cap off the other port(top right, labled client)? There should be a silver terminator that looks like a nipple on it. If it's not capped it'll leak signal and may cause issues for you

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)