lock up with Software Version 6.10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hello fellow Voomers ever since the update I have had the Voom box lock up 4 times today and the reboot has worked every time..I have not had to reboot that many times since I have had Voom for two months now, It has locked up changing channels and checking system settings, I hope this dont continue.

Hs any one else had this problem? Cya Slick

Same here. It locked three times on me when I navigated through the system status menu. -RogerD

RogerD said:
Same here. It locked three times on me when I navigated through the system status menu. -RogerD

same problem since i got the dowload of 6.10 here looks like a bug

Mine has locked up in the system status menu since the first day I got it. I got it with the 6.0 software. I got the 6.1 upgrade sometime today. Still same thing.

I changed the title a little bit. It will be important to know if the box was locking up before 6.10 or after.

It has not done it any more tonight so lets hope it stays that way.. Cya Slick

I haven't experienced the lockups but I have noticed a considerable pause when I check the system settings. As I scroll down it takes about 10-20 seconds to go from the next to last page to the last page. Other than a little wait time I'm happy with the current software so far

yep..new software today...and mine locked up in the last frame of the system status mode. I could not get back out. I had to reboot.

That's exactly what mine does. Also, it's kind of strange what it does. The last page stays stuck on the screen but behind it you can still change channels. Have to reboot to get rid of the status screen. A simple power off won't do it. It will actually turn off, but the status screen will still stay on the screen. Very strange.

How often is everyone going into the System status screen and why? I really haven't seen any of these lockups yet. But I don't frequent the system status screen too often. I'm too busy watching HDTV. :D

About the only time I go in there is to check my OTA signal strength occasionally for CBS-DT 3 here in Chicagoland since it's such hit-or-miss for me and I like to see how much I'm missing it by.

No problems at all. I have 3 receivers and they have all been rock solid since the upgrade.

FunkyBoss, that's the only time I go into that screen, just to check OTA. I read another thread that says you can get that same info by pressing Help>info>OK. I'll try it when I get home

No lockups in 2 months until I got 6.10. Now I've had 3 lockups in the last 2 days. If the PVR is made by Motorola I won't be getting one.

After a power off reboot, let the box sit on the menu/100 screen for about 30 minutes. Do not check the status screen, do not change channels, do nothing. What I do after a reboot is put the remote away and go and do something else for 1/2 an hour. I have found the box to be much more stable after that procedure than when I would immediately be checking status screens, changing channels etc.

I did have my first last night, changing to StarzHD West to watch Dave. It seemned to be more factual than watching the convention ;)

I've had one channel surf lockup with 6.10 (requiring reboot) so far, so the bug is still there.

I think they just masked the channel surf problem by adding a small delay before actually switching channels - not really fixed it. I've noticed the audio stays with the original channel while fast surfing, which indicates the box really isn't trying to switch until you stop on a channel for a short time. When the lockup occurred, I went one channel past, then had to backup. I suspect that the delay was long enough that it started switching just as I flipped one last time.

I've also seen the long delay in the System Settings menu. I thought it was locked up a few times, but it has always recovered after 10-15 seconds.

Qwacker2 I agree they just put the delay in there while changing channels, but I never thought it was a problem before because the pixelation was only there for a moment.. Cya Slick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts