Locking Saved Programs

lamore

Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
I have a DVR 625 and I have a problem with the wife deleting programs before I get to watch them. There is a button that says protect but is there a way to add a password to protect? If you don't have that you can just press unprotect and it simply goes away.

Thanks,
Lenny

lamore said:
I have a DVR 625 and I have a problem with the wife deleting programs before I get to watch them. There is a button that says protect but is there a way to add a password to protect? If you don't have that you can just press unprotect and it simply goes away.

Thanks,
Lenny

Lenny,

Go to the menu and lock your system and input a 4 digit Pin Code. After the system is locked the receiver will ask you input a code to delete protected events.

There are also other lock features like hiding the adult channels as well as locking PPV channels so you would be required to input that pin code to order a PPV event, as well as locking individual channels or imposing a ratings lock if you have small children.

John

Thanks, now we'll have one less thing to argue about...because she won't be deleting my shows anymore....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts