Lodging in Boston

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just decided to take the family away for the weekend to Boston.

Planning on spending the day at the Boston Science Museum tommorow, then on Sunday hitting Quincy Market / Fennel Hall and going for a tour of Fenway Park.

Does anyone know some good lodging for me my wife and two kids tommorow night in Boston?

We didnt make any reservations anywhere as we were not expecting to go anyplace this weekend.

Advice appreciated. :D

I'm not from the Boston area but you do realize that the Democratic convention is next week? Just a heads up in case you find a problem finding lodging.

I always look for a Motel 6 as they aren't that bad on accomodations and price. :)

Yup, the Motel 6 is in framingham, been there a couple times, a good Drive on I-90. and good point about the convention, good luck :)

Next weekend won't be good either since the convention bleeds into next weekend.

I didn't mean to ruin your weekend Scott. I apologize if I did.

Nah just looking for something different to do with the family.

We were supposed to go to amusement parks all weekend but its going to rain, so I suggested the Science Museum in Boston, which is place I always like going to. :)

You could still go. I just hope you can avoid the frenzy over the convention. I've heard that there has been a threat to the media. Be careful if you decide to go. :)

How far is Niagra Falls to you? If it isn't too far you could always go there.

You never want to be in a city when the convention is in town. I lived in Houston in '92 and downtown traffic was unbearable. People couldn't get into work, security everywhere slowing things up, long lines everywhere (40 minutes wait at McDonalds!!). Go to the NASCAR race instead up in NH.

Since the convention doesn't start until next week maybe he will miss most of it. :)

Pilgrim Sands Motel

If you've never been there, you won't understand. If you have, nothing more needs to be said.

Convenient to rail lines to Boston, good eating in the area (you won't regret Ernie's on Rt. 3A), good shopping (small gift shops at Village Landing down by the shore to WalMart in the north end), and after a day out, it's a good quiet place to relax.

Approximately two and a half hours from Hartford, CT it is another hour and a half to Provincetown, MA if you can stand a freakier scene(let's just say you don't want to take your family into the shop next door to Spank the Monkey for one thing).

Boston is about an hour north and you can take the commuter rail from the station behind WalMart or go up Rt.3 to the Quincy station or another where you can catch the red line in.

During the DNC convention, they're supposed to be shutting the tunnel/I93 down and it will make Boston itself Hell. If you can brave mass transit, you can of course make Chinatown, Fenway, the aquarium, and Copley.

Have fun. If you don't make it to Boston, Plymouth is a good area to concentrate on by itself.

(Writer has been vacationing there since before Pilgrim Sands' additions were built, when they still had fake terra cotta cement patio walls before mother nature washed them away, and when McGrath's, The 1620, and The Mayflower were still downtown and Bert's was still a family place before closing, going upscale in reopening, the shutting down again.)

We ended up going to an aquarium in Norwalk on Saturday. And on Sunday we went to an amusement park.

Damn weathermen screwed up on the forecast again this weekend and it turned out being very nice. :D

Scott,

If you're still looking for something different, the Lord of the Rings Exhibit is running at the Boston Museum of Science as of a couple of days ago. So far, Boston is the ONLY US city it will be in (in October I believe the exhibit moves to Sydney Australia). We're taking my daughters and a few friends down there Sunday. (My youngest is turning 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)