Logging on to Vip722 Locally

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

donstephens

Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Montana
Is it possible to log on to my Dish Receiver locally? I can ping the receiver, and the connectivity test works on the receiver, but don't know how to reach it with my browser... I have tried to use Dish's logon page, but have had no luck. I'm behind a captive router (Hughes 7000) so I realize that Reaching it through the Internet is a no go.

Don

I have tried to use Dish's logon page, but have had no luck. I'm behind a captive router (Hughes 7000) so I realize that Reaching it through the Internet is a no go.
You sure about that? If you just plugged your receiver into the Internet, you have to wait for it's presence to be noticed and propagated to various Dish servers. Then Dish Remote Access should work.

No. There are no reasons to do this anyway.
Well... lets be honest.. there are reasons we WANT to do this.. but Dish hasn't had the foresight to create a local user interface for us to control the box through.

Can you imagine if they'd built the box a little more powerful, they could "enable" the box to be controlled locally, and without a Sling Adapter ... but that's another story.

To the O.P. ... if you have any windows vista or 7 machines, or have installed Windows Media Player with its relative ability .. you should see an ICON for the box in the Media Devices sections of the network.

It does have some DLNA ability but other than announcing "HEY MA! I'm HERE!!" there doesn't currently seem to be functionality to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)