Logitech CEO: Google TV 'cost us dearly,' no Revue replacement coming

fbara

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Oswego, IL
http://mobile.theverge.com/2011/11/...tv-cost-us-dearly-no-revue-replacement-coming

"De Luca suggested that Google TV was far from ready at launch, going so far as to call it "beta" software on one presentation slide, and that the company made a massive misstep by believing that it would revolutionize television right out of the gate. In short, Logitech "executed a full scale launch with a beta product and it cost us dearly."

In my experience with spraying a water hose on dog sh*t , the more water pressure you spray on it, the more it dissolves and scatters. I see the revue unit becoming a forgotten product, discontinued and we all move on once again. Another failed DISH product association ,just like the webtv/dishplayer , the pocket dish etc.

In my experience with spraying a water hose on dog sh*t , the more water pressure you spray on it, the more it dissolves and scatters. I see the revue unit becoming a forgotten product, discontinued and we all move on once again. Another failed DISH product association ,just like the webtv/dishplayer , the pocket dish etc.

I would rather Dish try and fail a few times rather than sit on their hands and never innovate. What about their successful attempts? Duo DVR, & Sling.... to name just a couple. I know the duo dvr isn't "associated" with anything but, it is an brilliant innovation.

Just a thought for consideration. There was no support or belief in the McIntosh. There were hundreds of nay sayers for Thomas Edison's light bulb, and yes there were hundreds of people who said there would never be a Dish network. A good idea can never be defeated. Sooner or later it will rise from the ashes in many other forms, but still it will rise. The idea that Google has is believed by many to be the future of television. Similar to the X-Box, Play Station or other television add-ons many leading companies have decided to join the bandwagon. Sony, Roku, or whatever, they have elected to put their money into this vision. Who can forget the little game box manufactured by Atari? Playing "Pong" into the wee hours of the night! Time will tell and it will be interesting to look back 5 years from now.

Sling was successful at first...until they switched from DRA to DO and f**ked it up.

IDK? Dish online works fine for me. Always has. I just have to switch over to Internet Explorer because Google Chrome doesn't work. But, I feel that's a minor inconvenience. Sling also works great on my Ipad and my phone. I don't understand why some people are having so many problems?

Dish-online works when it wants to. Just missed the Pats game because Dish online would not connect to my receiver. Everything checked out fine on the receiver end (my wife was home) but it still said I was offline. Even after reboots, restarting my network, etc etc.

I would rather Dish try and fail a few times rather than sit on their hands and never innovate. What about their successful attempts? Duo DVR, & Sling.... to name just a couple. I know the duo dvr isn't "associated" with anything but, it is an brilliant innovation.

I'm just tired of no follow through with DISH. They start something that sounds great as a concept then they never follow through till completion and then abandon it for the next great " cutting edge concept idea". I want a completed idea that works consistently well at all times. With DISH that just isn't going to happen. Look at DISH Remote access. It worked well , then they abandon it and start DISH ONLINE that doesn't work well. The 922 and the sling extender , sounded great in concept and I even bought a 922 . Then the 922 didn't work well and the sling was the worst , so I went back to a 722k and a sling adapter. But DISH won't even release the sling extender , and may never do it now. Because now the next great thing down the road is the Whole house dvr 813 Xip series. After 15 years , it just gets OLD.:mad:

So much for the theory that the price drop did not mean they were considering dropping the product.

I thought the speculation was about a new Revue model coming out, not abandoning the entire product line and throwing existing customers over the transom. Dish Network didn't help sales with their $4 integration charge either. This turned a lot of us off and we never bought the darn thing to begin with.

Sales would have been a lot more if DISH didn't try pushing another fee on us.

They have yet to realize by adding features we want without charging us for them makes us happy STICKY customers.

I am still trying to figure out what it would be good for. It doesnt have an OTA tuner, doesnt record anything, what does it DO besides market and netflix?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)