Logitech Harmony 880 Remote and VIP 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I had heard raves from others on this combo but I hada lot of problems getting the two to work together. There are not enough buttons on the keypad, some of the commands on the screen did not work and tended not to match those on VIP 622 remote as originally configured and Tech Support seemed to know less than I did after reading what came packed w/ the remote.

what do others think of his combo? Do you find it ideal or a bit of a pain?

It works fine for me. I don't understand why you're having problems. Try another code set.

I'm very happy with mine. It "learned" the DVR button, and it integrates well with my Sony AV receiver and other equipment.

Other than the DVR button, which ones are you missing??

I had heard raves from others on this combo but I hada lot of problems getting the two to work together. There are not enough buttons on the keypad, some of the commands on the screen did not work and tended not to match those on VIP 622 remote as originally configured and Tech Support seemed to know less than I did after reading what came packed w/ the remote.

what do others think of his combo? Do you find it ideal or a bit of a pain?

Irony: As a "device" I have no problems working the VIP622 DVR. It's just takes more button presses/ screen changes to get to the DVR command I might need to use. However when I use the "Actions" for "Watch PVR" the Harmony seems useless for DVR but any command for the general satTV viewing are there and very easy to use.

Any tips to resolve this would be great. Specifically the Harmony leaves me with only A-B and ASPECT choices on the remote's screen which do nothing I can see. All the buttons work as labeled

Overall I'm really enjoy the Harmony and how well it works with everything in my systems.

I defined the bottom left button as DVR. But the top left screen button is DVR also, I just prefer to use the bottom button.

My 880 has been great to use. I defined the DVR, Format, Search and Live TV functions on the soft keys.

socalpanman: Once you define the soft keys in the setup software the A and B labels will go away. I think they are just place holders

It works fine for me. I don't understand why you're having problems. Try another code set.

What do you mean by "another code set"? How will that affect any of the things I mentioned? Just asking. I have apparently gotten bad adice and i am trying to get the advice that is more correct.

With your original remote you can add any command. I love my 880 and could not live with out it.

Agreed and I have managed to do that. That is not the problem. But i had all kinds of problems getting the skip forward and skip back to work and there are not enough buttons for my taste. Yes there are buttons on the screen but they are poorly grouped and several of those did not work at first. But I guess I want things that others do not find important. I also suspect that the rest of you did not have as many non responsive buttons as I did. But maybe that ties in with Navycop's commment about another code set/ is there another whole set of codes for this device?

Last edited:
I also have the Harmony 880 and love it. I dont know how long you have had yours but go back an check the assignments for the buttons. If you got your 622 early before they had all the info you may not have gotten the latest button assignments.

I use harmony 676 with 622 and works like charm. I have configured all buttons like zoom,search, DVR, view key, DISH home, PIP, swap....

I also have the Harmony 880 and love it. I dont know how long you have had yours but go back an check the assignments for the buttons. If you got your 622 early before they had all the info you may not have gotten the latest button assignments.

I bought it 1 week ago. think that my problem is that I expected it to just download the functions and that then I would be off and running. I really had no idea that some functions seem to be missing. I also naively thought that they would know what each manufacturer calls the functions.

As for the lack of buttons it is an issue but i certainly have no one to blame but myself there. I do realize that it is fine for many but I should have seen that it did not fit my needs all that well.

My Harmony 880 works beautifully including Skip, Record, Rewind, etc. Actually I had it configured for 942 box but it picked up 622 without any tweaks.
Just start the configuration over and do it step by step.

The 880 is gread because you can program EVERY key to do whatever you want!

Read the manual, and then set it up manually, that way you'll figure it out better.

Or You can set the DISH one to use your RECIEVER for volume, and it will automatically do that.

Like change the channels on the box, and then when you press sound it'll default to the reciever even without you going to it!

The Harmony 880 gets at best mediocre user reviews, check this out: http://www.remotecentral.com/ureview/106.htm

Do yourself a favor and check out the remote central web site before you buy anything.

Those people must be technically retarded not to be able to figure out the Harmony 880. They also don't know how to shop since some of them mention spending over $200 for it....which is WAYYYYYYY too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts