Loking For a New Android Phone (on AT&T)

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
My HTC One (M7) seems not to be holding charge as I would like an android phone with long battery life (and preferably a replaceable battery), and at least What are my options? I suspect few to none. Perhaps the One Plus One comes close. Feel free to suggest that I really do not need something on my list but be aware that I am a stubborn old cuss and will likely ignore such suggestions.

I've had good luck with my HTC One (M7). I did have a charging issue, but I think it was software related, and it was replaced under warranty. Have you looked at the LG G3? It looks pretty nice.

I've had good luck with my HTC One (M7). I did have a charging issue, but I think it was software related, and it was replaced under warranty. Have you looked at the LG G3? It looks pretty nice.

That one looks promising as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't know if this phone is in the same class as your One, but I love my new Moto E. Gets GREAT battery life of about 4 days in standby or light use.

I don't know if this phone is in the same class as your One, but I love my new Moto E. Gets GREAT battery life of about 4 days in standby or light use.

Its not. Good solid budget smartphone though.

I'm thinking of the Moto X (2014) to replace my note 2. Debating between ATT and TMobile.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I am not really interested in leaving AT&T. I am still indecisive. The Moto X looks good but I am concerned about battery life (it will have a relatively small battery) and the battery is not replaceable. the LG# would get around that but I keep hearing that there are audio issues particularly when using the aux output.

I really do appreciate the comments though.

I am waiting for the HTC announcement on the 8th. If the stories of the HTC one M8 Eye---the real Eyephone are true I might do it in spite of the sealed battery.

I was disappointed with the HTC announcement. No Eye version of the One. Right now ny options are the HTC One M8 or LG G3. I wasleery og LG but good reviews and the replaceable battery and SD card slot are pulling me there.

Geronimo:

Both the Moto X (2014) and the Nexus 6 (I call it the Moto X Maxi) support QualComm Quick Charge 2.0 which is supposed to go from 0-60% in about half an hour... That's pretty good and makes for a good option. Additionally, Android 5.0 (Lollipop) has the option for low battery use below 10% which can dramatically extend phone talk time with a low battery. I've been debating the MicroSD slot in my head. On my current phone (a Note 2) I have 24GB in use between the internal card and the 32GB MicroSD. So I'd still easily fit in a 32GB footprint. I fully understand the arguments for a removable card, but I think the only time I ever pull the card is to move music to the card. Otherwise, it stays in place.

I'm not saying any of this to dissuade you from the phones of your preliminary preference, the LG G3 is a great phone. I've been doing a lot of thinking about my next phone and I'm a month or two from buying.

I have pretty much decided to go with the HTC One again (or to wait for the next generation) It takes SD cards though it does not havea replaceable battery.

I have pretty much decided to go with the HTC One again (or to wait for the next generation) It takes SD cards though it does not havea replaceable battery.

That's a respectable choice. How are you liking it (assuming you ended up buying it)?

I'm getting very disappointed with the Epic Fail / Disaster of a launch that is the Nexus 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)