long c-band feed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tearepa

Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Ukraine
Greetings everybody.
I'm looking for a dual c-band feed longer than the chaparral bullseye. I have an ASC 4.5M dish and I need to swap-out the proprietry dual circular feed to a linear one - but without the expensive feed option from the manufacturer. Reason being is the focal mounting bracket is quite robust so up and down movement is restricted (f/d) and xpol rotation is nigh impossible because the attachment points of the arms are in the way. A longer feed would be the answer in my eyes but I've yet to see one.
Actually tried to join a sawn-off feed from a chaparral single and join it onto the feed of the dual... but it's attenuating the S/N margin too much (as a backyard trick). Maybe there's an old Russian circular feed out there somewhere where the dielectric plate can be taken out? Or a prodelin one with a long feed throat? That's about as close as I've got.
Appreciate any ideas if any, thanks.

Wow. A commercial 14 1/2 foot dish!

Should be able to intercept extraterrestrial subspace transmissions. ----- Anyway, for fabrication questions like this one, it's always better to post photos of what you have now. I should talk, because I still haven't mastered the photo upload thing. But most have.

Sure, there are a lot of pain in the ass designs, created to make people buy proprietary and expensive components, but it's still a dish. It still has a focal length. It still needs a scalar. It is still all made of man-made materials. I am just betting that someone on this site will come up with the least expensive fix for your dilemma.

To add pictures, click on the Go Advanced button (below right). Then on the next page about half way down, Click on the Manage Attachments button.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)