long cable run issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
o.k. at my cottage install I could not get 129 due to all the trees, and EA is also not a option, so I installed my 1000.2 on the island across from me, which as it turns out was a 350' run. I did not think it was that far but the cable has footage markings.

I wanted to use the rg11 I have but because it is under water I wanted to use flooded cable, so I used rg6 and was wondering what issues there might be with that long of a run.

other then about a 10 point reduction in the signal every thing works fine.

is the long run going to tax the receivers power supply (722k) and if so could I use a power inserter from a dpp44?

The power inserter won't help and may damage the lnb. If you haven't done so already, 2 separate lines from the dish to the rec without a separator might help

update.....I have noticed the receiver runs way hotter then it does here at home. I have the fan modified so it runs at a low speed all the time and it runs much cooler then without the fan mod, at least here at home, the hdd temps have dropped by over 10 degrees with the fan mod. it is warm to the touch all over at the long run inatall.

I have a dpp44 and 3 dp lnbs so I think I will get a "W" adapter from the dishstore and replace the 1000.2 lnb and see how that works. if not I guess I will try rg11..........400' feet of 18 gauge copper clad coax is asking a bit much from the p.s.?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts