Long cable run?

sdatver

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
South Dakota
I currently have a setup of an Antennacraft C490 and an Antennacraft 10G202 preamplifier. I have a cable run of probably about 35 feet. I get all channels that I think I should looking at my tvfool report, and also some that aren't even on the report. My question is this setup is a shop at a rural location and we are adding a cabin in the same place but the cabin will be about 200 to 250 feet from the shop. Can I put in a splitter and add an amplifier or distribution amplifer and make the 250' run and get about the same reception on the second tv, or is making that long of a cable run and have it work wishful thinking???

Just throw in an amplifier and you will be fine. I have a 175 foot run split 8 ways. Amplify at the antenna end and you will be find.

So I currently have the pre amp power supply hooked right up to the digital converter box. Would I split at the power supply run one to the converter box and one to the amp, and then from the amp make the long run?

Last edited:
You should have better results with the amp closer to the antenna, if it's possible.

You should have around 15 dB of loss for that length of RG6 cable with a decent splitter. So that Antennacraft preamp should have more than enough gain for what you want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)