Long HDMI cables

I haven't used that company, so don't know anything about the quality, but I've used one from monoprice and it worked great. Did this at both my house and my dad's (100 ft). Been like that for a couple years. You shouldn't have any issues.

I am about to purchase a 100' HDMI cable so I can put my 222k in a closet and run hdmi to my bedroom. I see a few people have done that and not had any problems.

You may have problems either way.. anything over 35 feet have been known to give instability of HDCP and blinking on the screen. This is due to the weakened DDC signal that HDCP requires. I would suggest you get a HDMI extender and use it over Cat5 or Cat6 cable which can extend HDMI to over 800ft. If you really wanna go further then get a extender based on optical fiber which can push it over 950ft.

You may have problems either way.. anything over 35 feet have been known to give instability of HDCP and blinking on the screen. This is due to the weakened DDC signal that HDCP requires. I would suggest you get a HDMI extender and use it over Cat5 or Cat6 cable which can extend HDMI to over 800ft. If you really wanna go further then get a extender based on optical fiber which can push it over 950ft.

I disagree. I wouldn't bother with the extender unless there is a problem. As I said I've done two at 100' and had no issues at all. More than likely it will be fine without.

I disagree. I wouldn't bother with the extender unless there is a problem. As I said I've done two at 100' and had no issues at all. More than likely it will be fine without.

You may have not had any issues that you can tell but what if you are having some sort of instability of HDCP and you just can't see it? Sure it doesn't matter at that point but even if you disagree with what I said doesn't mean I wasn't right on the money with the facts.

This is the purpose of extenders so you don't lose anything..nothing. Just remember if you stress a rope long enough it will break at some point and no longer work. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts