Long run to granny flat poor picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yeah im remembering from back in the day that i can add another dish so yes if i go that route an hr/24 on ebay would work. I wont be home for another day and will try the format thing. However what is it that I set in the resolution setting and putting it on native? I checked all the boxes , seems like that would do the same thing as the format. Just trying to understand the output thing better. thanks for everyones help.

I would UNCheck the 480 stuff and leaved the 720 and 1080i and 1080p checked.

i think its just a crap tv! i went through all the formats and it doesnt look any better. Took the tv to my house and it still looks the same. This sanyo tv does not display the resolution its recieving! even my 8 year old 13" polaroid does! but i checked for sure off of my samsung and i was displaying 1080i then plugged it in to the sanyo and wow what a differnce in picture. I guess with the smaller screens you can get away with low end brands but when you get larger the picture it suffers. Does that sound right? If you sit 10 feet away it looks fine any closer it looks like a poor copy of a dvd. Could the tv just be faulty or is it just crap brand

i think its just a crap tv! i went through all the formats and it doesnt look any better. Took the tv to my house and it still looks the same. This sanyo tv does not display the resolution its recieving! even my 8 year old 13" polaroid does! but i checked for sure off of my samsung and i was displaying 1080i then plugged it in to the sanyo and wow what a differnce in picture. I guess with the smaller screens you can get away with low end brands but when you get larger the picture it suffers. Does that sound right? If you sit 10 feet away it looks fine any closer it looks like a poor copy of a dvd. Could the tv just be faulty or is it just crap brand

Your description is exactly correct.
Lower end TV's use lower end processors, your seeing the difference between the Samsung and the Sanyo in front of your eyes.
Now that doesn't mean a higher end Sanyo would be better (although I wouldn't recommend one) Samsung has been very good for a number of years of late, along with Panasonic and a few other higher end TV's.

Fwiw, your smaller TV's Will look much sharper as your not covering the same overall screen size.
Bigger you go, the better the processor needed.

check the tv settings make sure its set to 1080 also

take a dvd/blueray player to the tv and see how it looks

check the tv settings make sure its set to 1080 also

take a dvd/blueray player to the tv and see how it looks

I don't know the situation with his Samsung, but he could move it out to the granny flat and see how it looks out there... if it's something that isn't a MAJOR undertaking.

I don't know the situation with his Samsung, but he could move it out to the granny flat and see how it looks out there... if it's something that isn't a MAJOR undertaking.

It wouldnt be that big of a deal but Im fairly certain its just a crappy walmart special sanyo. THe smaller the screen not so big a deal with a crappy processor for the HD but this is a 50" and it shows. I plugged in a 19" at the mother in laws and it looks great! I really dont want to carry my 52" samsumg over there but if I get a wild hair just to prove its the tv I might. I'm glad I paid the extra for the samsung and didnt spend a fortune on my 26" vizio in the kitchen. I wonder at what screen size you need to spend the extra bucks for a better tv?

It wouldnt be that big of a deal but Im fairly certain its just a crappy walmart special sanyo. THe smaller the screen not so big a deal with a crappy processor for the HD but this is a 50" and it shows. I plugged in a 19" at the mother in laws and it looks great! I really dont want to carry my 52" samsumg over there but if I get a wild hair just to prove its the tv I might. I'm glad I paid the extra for the samsung and didnt spend a fortune on my 26" vizio in the kitchen. I wonder at what screen size you need to spend the extra bucks for a better tv?

Usually anything from 40 and up you'll want to make sure of the processor and look closely at what your about to buy.
32" too, depending on how important the 32 is too you.

I just bought a Panasonic 32 TC-L32X5 ... I like it, it's a 32 for on the deck so I didn't need Hi End, but once I fine tuned it, it looks real good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)