Long Time DishNetwork Cstmr wanting New Cstmr Offer for HD

davistrio

Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Looking for any suggestions or ideas on how to get a better deal than the current "Dishing It Up" upgrade promo for current customers. I want the offer for new customers for HD/DVR & programming packages, but can't seem to work that out with CS. Also curious if anyone knows how long one must be disconnected from Dish to obtain NEW CSTMR status when returning. Please, any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Very Correct. The current time length to become a qualified former customer is six months. You must have left on good terms with no balance owed and any leased equipment returned satisfactory.

That being said along with a welcome to you and my statement. I don't care about dish giving me something they give all the new customers. I buy all my own equipment anyway. I never lease. And of course I never call them either. Haven't spoken to a CSR in 3 years about my own account.. I fix everything myself and when it breaks I just replace it. What I would rather see is programming price cuts for us customers that own our stuff and take care of our stuff. I know this will never happen.. But there are some of us out here who don't complain, or whine when we can't get something for free.. We have been in this since the old days when we knew that this stuff cost money. I deal with customers all day long that think that they are just entitled to something. I realize that Dish has brought most of this on itself by giving everything for free from the start. Those of us that live where you can get cable know why we have dish and would gladly pay for having it. Those that live in areas that have no other options would also gladly pay to be able to see TV.. Satellite TV can not compete with cable in the giveaway department. What they do offer is alternatives to the lousy cable systems in most areas and the areas without anything. Somehow I feel like if they charged for everything and quit loosing all that money they could once again lower prices to well below what the cable company charges..

You're just gonna have to pay the piper like the rest of us have had to do.

Can't you sign up for the mail in rebates for existing customers? I don't know about DVR promotions, but you can't expect a general programming offer, but this would work for some who are thinking about upgrading to HD.

A current DISH Network customer who recently added DishHD programming on or after 6/9/06

DISH Network -- $100 Back

Very Correct. The current time length to become a qualified former customer is six months. You must have left on good terms with no balance owed and any leased equipment returned satisfactory.

That being said along with a welcome to you and my statement. I don't care about dish giving me something they give all the new customers. I buy all my own equipment anyway. I never lease. And of course I never call them either. Haven't spoken to a CSR in 3 years about my own account.. I fix everything myself and when it breaks I just replace it. What I would rather see is programming price cuts for us customers that own our stuff and take care of our stuff. I know this will never happen.. But there are some of us out here who don't complain, or whine when we can't get something for free.. We have been in this since the old days when we knew that this stuff cost money. I deal with customers all day long that think that they are just entitled to something. I realize that Dish has brought most of this on itself by giving everything for free from the start. Those of us that live where you can get cable know why we have dish and would gladly pay for having it. Those that live in areas that have no other options would also gladly pay to be able to see TV.. Satellite TV can not compete with cable in the giveaway department. What they do offer is alternatives to the lousy cable systems in most areas and the areas without anything. Somehow I feel like if they charged for everything and quit loosing all that money they could once again lower prices to well below what the cable company charges..
I agree with all you said. I have been with Dish since 96 and back then you didn't get anything for FREE. If I remember correctly I paid $250 for a Dish and a 3000 receiver. I have always bought my stuff and installed. The only thing I ever got for free was a dish for the 61.5 satellite to get some of my locals. I have had about 10 different receivers over the years and I have ALWAYS bought them. The most expensive one was the 622 that I bought a few months back for something like $400 or $450.