longhorn any hd news?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You are (and they are) 100% correct on the above issue.

DirecTV wants prices in line with their current HD base and the company that owns iNHD wants it based on ALL subs regardless of their HD standing, and this is outrageous, but their hardball to keep iNHD like DirecTV keeps NFL. They are trying to get the NFL and DirecTV to end the exclusive ST contracts.

you mean 3.5billion... about $750 million a year.. but... there is nothing stoping anyone else from bidding on the package.. so comcast and tw have no one to blame but them selves if they dont get it.. its the nfl perogitive to offer it to only 1 broadcaster

jim tressler said:
you mean 3.5billion... about $750 million a year.. but... there is nothing stoping anyone else from bidding on the package.. so comcast and tw have no one to blame but them selves if they dont get it.. its the nfl perogitive to offer it to only 1 broadcaster

yep my bad typo, an YES you are dead on, all these folks had an opportunity to bid and they lost out (some didn't even bid) and now are trying to twist it to their advantage with a war of words and dis-information.

As you might imagine, high-definition channels are some of the most expensive ones for us to carry, both in terms of what we pay the networks to distribute their programming and the technology we use to deliver them. As a result, the price per channel in this package is higher than most of our other packages.

Ok, If I have D* HD equipment, and subscribe to Showtime or HBO, I get the HD feed at no additional cost. How about CinemaxHD or StarzHD??? I know the networks are important, But D* really need to add more national HD channels.............

From what Chase Carey’s (president and CEO of D*) said That D* will only be adding TNTHD this year. And no others till the new Satellites are launched.
So you see that is why the 2 year contract they made us sign, they figure they will have the rest of the HD channels by then and we won't want to cancel D*.
They were thinking ahead we were just bent over.:mad:

PMKS said:
Ok, If I have D* HD equipment, and subscribe to Showtime or HBO, I get the HD feed at no additional cost. How about CinemaxHD or StarzHD??? I know the networks are important, But D* really need to add more national HD channels.............

Amen

stone phillips420 said:
Will this be mpeg 4 only or will my hr 10-250 be able to view this channel if the rumor you heard is true? Cause this channel sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread!

you are being sarcastic,,,,,right??!!

on Feb 1, D* will have nothing in HD that E* doesnt have and will no longer have any compelling reason to sign up with or stay with them. ST is only for the people who can't get enough NFL fixes via the regular network games.

hdtvtechno said:
Wrong, it has to be made available to other providers such as Satellites ;)

It works out to about $23.57 a month per HD sub if a DBS company wants to carry it. But they throw in the huge, obnoxious bug that stays up 24/7 ruining whatever they show - free of charge!

It's fair to consider the INHDs "cable only".

enoree said:
on Feb 1, D* will have nothing in HD that E* doesnt have and will no longer have any compelling reason to sign up with or stay with them. ST is only for the people who can't get enough NFL fixes via the regular network games.

Except the national east and west feeds of the big four affliaties. E* still only has CBS hd nationally at this moment, though I think this is supposed to change toward the end of this year.

let me say this. i pay fifty dollars a month and get all the locals (including wb and upn) in hd plus tnt, with cable. additionally, i pay an extra six dollars a month for the hd pak with includes both hdnets, both in demand hd channels, espn and universal hd and 10 dollars to lease my hddvr, with cable. for my money, i get a better picture resolution and service. i have, yet, to regret my decision to cancel d* and go back to cable, which in my area is now all digital!!

I spoke with the D* customer retention dept last night and complained about the lack of HD channels on D* and how I was thinking of going to E* or cable etc. The rep told me that they will probably be adding TNT-HD & NGC-HD He wouldnt give me a date because he didnt want to tell me something he didnt know for a fact. He was one of the most knowledgable rep's i've ever spoken to. Oh yeah he gave me $5 amonth of my bill for a year and two free months all the movie channels plus the sports pack. Doesnt solve the programming problem but its a nice perk.
:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)