Longtime Dish Customer Moving Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kcook01

Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I have been a longtime dish customer (10+ years) and I am moving next month. In my current house I have had the luxury to wire to adapt for the changes dish has made over the years - single line / dual line / 2nd TV out / etc before I drywalled the basement.

My new house is larger and there could be 7+ TV drops. I currently own 2 942 DVR's and love them because of the 2 tuner DVR and 2nd TV out. The new house already has a dishnet dish. Much different than my 2 dish 500 system it is one of the newer single dish setups. I also noticed there looks like you only need a single coax vs the dual I currently have with my 500?

I hate to say it, but with the number of TV drops, the drywall and coax already run I am thinking about cable and uverse when available in the neighborhood - uverse isn't yet.

I contacted ceo@dishnetwork.com to ask for 2 things:

1. Will they work with me on more receivers?
2. Will they send one of their "troubleshooting" installers out to see what is possible in the new house. There is coax run to each of the rooms. One thing I have learned about dish is that there are installers for "normal" installs and then they have their "go to" installers for tougher installs.

My question to this form (besides any feedback) is:

1. Any suggestions to light a fire under dish to work with me on this? I have not received a call back and that is very unusual.
2. Could I sign up as a new customer and get a multi room setup and get a switch to work with > 4 receivers?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Dish doesnt do consulting unless you have a install set up. Just run multiple RG6 lines to each room and have them come together in a central point. Run 4 lines to where you want the dish and you will be ready when the time comes.

You cannot lease more than 4 tuners as a new customer normally. Usually you have to purchase the extra receivers. The CEO address will help you with that but they wont send a tech just to tell you how to wire the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)