Look at my beautiful Install!

looks great. glad your happy with that... I looks like the eve will take the brunt of any snow or rainfall.... where are you at that the dish points that high? just curious.. grounded and everything.. I like the drip/service loops LOok real GOOd!

By looking at that picture it does not look like the ground block has a ground wire going to ground. I see the wire from the dish but not to a ground. Also no weather boots on the ground block either.

Yes it is a former COX, now ALLEGIANCE Communications Cable box. I still have Hi-Speed internet with them.

The angles are:

Azimuth 204

Skew 114

Elevation 45

I am located about 100 mls south of Tulsa, Oklahoma. That's probably why the high elevation.
At first the Installer came out and was peeking at my roof, but I told him that I absolutely wanted to avoid a roof install. So he said there was no problem with putting it against the wall at the south side of the house. Despite the fact there's trees there everywhere. I get readings between 78-98, most transponders are in the mid 80's. But I don't have problems with lost signals, even in the rain. I lost signal once for a couple of minutes in a heavy T-storm. Yes I like that fact that it's under the eave. Shouldn't be any issue, unless the rain or snow comes pounding from the south with heavy winds. Unlikely here, most of the time it comes from the NW.

Dave the grounding block is grounded. The picture doesn't show it very good. And the block is located under my back porch, out of the rain.

ralfyguy said:
Yes it is a former COX, now ALLEGIANCE Communications Cable box. I still have Hi-Speed internet with them.

The angles are:

Azimuth 204

Skew 114

Elevation 45

I am located about 100 mls south of Tulsa, Oklahoma. That's probably why the high elevation.
At first the Installer came out and was peeking at my roof, but I told him that I absolutely wanted to avoid a roof install. So he said there was no problem with putting it against the wall at the south side of the house. Despite the fact there's trees there everywhere. I get readings between 78-98, most transponders are in the mid 80's. But I don't have problems with lost signals, even in the rain. I lost signal once for a couple of minutes in a heavy T-storm. Yes I like that fact that it's under the eave. Shouldn't be any issue, unless the rain or snow comes pounding from the south with heavy winds. Unlikely here, most of the time it comes from the NW.
Not to be a spoil sport but if your high signal is only 98 I bet your roof overhang is blocking some of the dish. You should be pulling 125% in your location. :)

boba could be true. But there's trees in my back yard and the way the dish points that way, it barely scrapes the top of the trees. So I almost think this may have to do with it also. I will see how it turns out in the future. If I run into problems with signal losses I may relocate the dish towards the middle of the wall and peek through in between the two trees there.

Here's a question to all those who have similar readings like mine: How often did you lose signal in rain or bad weather. How hard did it have to rain to be without TV?

The ground leading away from the ground block is the wrong gauge and should be fixed, outside of that he does have a nice install that was done by a dealer or a sub contractor. I'd have to imagine that if that is a dppt then the installer tuned off of it instead of a dual lnbf, tuning off the dppt's is a gamble because it wont give you an accurate reading.

Van the Installer was a subcontractor and when he got done with putting the dish on the wall he had some single looking lnb in his hand with a short coax on it and a meter in between. Took him all about 20 seconds of playing with it and he came down the ladder to go in the house to activate the account and check switch and stuff. But he actually never checked the signal strength after he was done. I checked myself later.

dodge there would be room enough for it :D . Seriously...I have the locals on 119W and I am missing 3 local channels I actually subscribed to, as well as some channels on my AT120 package that require an additional dish. So why do I pay for it, if I can't technically watch them??? :no
Those 3 missing locals are on 148W. I think alltogether there would be 7 or 8 channels more that I pay for, so why don't they let me have that voluntary? :mad:

If your in the Tulsa market like I am, just call and tell dish you want the second dish to receive the other 3 locals. They have to come and install it. Equipment and installation is free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts