Looking for a 1.2cm or 1.8cm dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
I live in northern Indiana and I am still looking for one local. Some people get down right nasty when you ak if they still use the BUD. But, I'll still look. I can always get a new 1.8cm from one our sponsors. I seen one on the bay few weeks ago. I should of jumped on it that was in Michigan. Hey, someone might have one within driving range, but not Texas.

cm? you mean meter right 1.2m and 1.8m? Still to small for great reception but if you can\t go larger I guess you have no choice.

I live in northern Indiana and I am still looking for one local. Some people get down right nasty when you ask if they still use the BUD. But, I'll still look. I can always get a new 1.8cm from one our sponsors. I seen one on the bay few weeks ago. I should of jumped on it that was in Michigan. Hey, someone might have one within driving range, but not Texas.

WOW, I have never had that experience - - - I have asked many folks here in VA about the BUD in their yard and they usually say something like; "that old thing, I wish you would take it away." I then ask if I can have it for free and they say "Sure!"

They are out there though, keep looking.

...Some people get down right nasty when you ak if they still use the BUD.
I've met one like this, and some others that wanted a ridiculous price. My theory is that some of these are people who bought a big dish system right before everything went scrambled, and they might tend to have a case of very sour grapes.

We take drives in the country and make sure we hit roads we've never traveled before. There are still a few BUDS out there, sometimes hiding under trees or thick brush, but they are becoming scarce. Hope you find a 10' mesh, they are easy to take down, easy to transport, and will satisfy your need for S2 signals.

UNIMESH.jpg

Well today I might have found a large dish that might work. I will go and take a look at it tomorrow. The drive is about 3 hours. I am not sure of the name brand yet. The older man didn't know. he says it is mesh type and is 94 inches across the dish according to the papers. He says each panel (4ea.) is 47" x 66" He bought it new and it's been in the basement for two years. He could not use it in his subdivision. He said the motor control box and actuator Arm for the dish are new and not been used. This may be just what I was looking for, hope anyway! If all goes well, I'll have it tomorrow night and let you know.

Today I picked up a fairly new 7.5 foot mesh dish with heavy duty mount. It came with a fairly new VonWeise Satellite Actuator (heavy sucker) and used Single Chaparral C-Band LNB. I don't have any numbers I an read on the LNB yet. I will have to find a magnifier and read it again. All in all, I think this was a good find. I will try and get pictures later.

Turbosat, thanks!

A quick update. Found the information for the Von Weise Actuator. Model V76-5, 24", 1/15 HP, 2.75 Amp, 24-36 Volts DC, SN#G1003. I think I will need some help when I get ready to wire this baby up. A lot diffrent from my HH Motor for Ku Band. (This may sound stupid, but how do I get my photos to appear under the information). Can somebody give a step by step line help for me. Trying to figure out the LNB. When I get to post photos maybe you guys can help. I'll take photos on Sunday. I am still checking all this out:).

how do I get my photos to appear under the information

You just need to go to the "Advance Button" and towards the bottom you'll find a section called "Attachments" chick on manage attachments and find where you have saved your pictures and do an upload. I also try and resize my picture to 800 x 600 before posting.

below the quick reply box it says "go advanced"
click that
scroll down to "manage attachments"
click on that
top right corner it says "add files"
add the files and hit OK

I don't plan to get this all installed this winter so a want to take my time getting everything right. I have few questions. I plan to clean everything up like new, and wanted to know if I can paint the frame with any type of paint, of course for out doors. I want to use a brush instead of spray. I have never done this , so you experts will know all short cuts :).
Also about the Actuator, I was told he did not use a control box. He just used the satellite box receiver? Anyway, just a few questions, there will be more.

Yes, he used the satellite receiver to control the actuator. The previous analog satellite receivers incorporated the power and control circuitry for the actuator and also the circuitry for the control of the polarotor [little blue box on the back of the LNB], which changed the skew and polarity for V or H. You will need a control box for the actuator, and also something to control the polarotor, if you use that LNB setup. Someone had a post during the past week about a polarotor controller found on Ebay. You have found some NICE equipment, Congrats! Oh, yes, the paint - you can use anything appropriate for coating metal outdoors. The only thing I can think that might be a problem, don't paint the mesh holes closed, it will increase the wind resistance of the dish. Good Luck!

GOOD find!:first: Too bad winter is almost here. But, with several months to clean up and paint and get everything ready may be of a big advantage anyway. Your location also gives you a better start when Spring does show up compaired to anywhere North of you. Only other thought would be to get equipement so you can also receive Ku band. Tons more stuff there also. Many pros here that will be able to give you the answers you may need. Enjoy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)