Looking for a better analog reciever / BUD positioner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
howdy all,
Ive been using my BUD for about 2 weeks now and love it. what i dont love is my drake 1724 analog reciever. I am using the drake mainly to position my BUD, and to see what analog stuff i can find, but i am having some problems with it.

If satellites are too close together, say at 93 and 95, it has a hard time saving sat positions. I can save the position for 95, then motor over to 93 and save it, but when i actually tell the dish to move from say 111 to 93, what happens is that the dish ends up on 95 instead. This happens every time the sats are within 2 degrees of each other. Very irritating. i end up with pairs of sats (93-95, 97-99, 101-103) in the same positions and have to "nudge" the dish east/ west to get in one of the sats. grrrrrrrr

The other problem i have with my drake 1724 is there is no way (that i have found) to enter in analog tp frequencies manually. There are channel settings that can be set, but in that area there is not a way to enter a TP frequency, just polarity, skew, and audio freq. This is also very irritating.

Soooooo what do you folks recommend for a good BUD positioner / analog reciever? or should i just get a DVB receiver with capability of running a motor (pansat 2500a comes to mind as it can control a polarotor) and a BUD positioner such as the Vbox? Ive also thought of getting a 4dtv reciever such as the 920 and just slave my current satworks 3618 to that. Too many choices.......

drhydro said:
howdy all,
Ive been using my BUD for about 2 weeks now and love it. what i dont love is my drake 1724 analog reciever. I am using the drake mainly to position my BUD, and to see what analog stuff i can find, but i am having some problems with it.

If satellites are too close together, say at 93 and 95, it has a hard time saving sat positions. I can save the position for 95, then motor over to 93 and save it, but when i actually tell the dish to move from say 111 to 93, what happens is that the dish ends up on 95 instead. This happens every time the sats are within 2 degrees of each other. Very irritating. i end up with pairs of sats (93-95, 97-99, 101-103) in the same positions and have to "nudge" the dish east/ west to get in one of the sats. grrrrrrrr

The other problem i have with my drake 1724 is there is no way (that i have found) to enter in analog tp frequencies manually. There are channel settings that can be set, but in that area there is not a way to enter a TP frequency, just polarity, skew, and audio freq. This is also very irritating.

Soooooo what do you folks recommend for a good BUD positioner / analog reciever? or should i just get a DVB receiver with capability of running a motor (pansat 2500a comes to mind as it can control a polarotor) and a BUD positioner such as the Vbox? Ive also thought of getting a 4dtv reciever such as the 920 and just slave my current satworks 3618 to that. Too many choices.......

I love my Chaparral Monterey 95, it allows you to manually enter TP frequencies with the key pad on the remote.

I have a Toshiba trx-1420 and that allows you to enter manual frequencies. Ive never run a C-band off of it, but its one mean KU machine :)

drhydro said:
howdy all,

Many C-band boxes have a problem of not landing dead on. not a prob for c-band but a pain for ku, just bump it though, not sure about the drake but the 4d is easy to bump and will save the setting auto. If you have a big dish without 4dtv its like having a car without wheels, get a 4d you will love it.

NPS is having a sale, or www.skyvision.com get a 922 unless you find a real cheap 920 on ebay I find the 922 better. I have had both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts