looking for a conical scalar ring for c-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Hi guys, i am working on piecing together a BUD, someone gave me a 6 foot offset dish, that works pretty good on c band so far but i want to squeeze as much signal out of it as possible and have seen several experiments with good luck using a CONICAL SCALAR RING. Are these things marketed by any of our sponsors? or are they custom made? any help would be great.

Thanks

PSB said:
Contact member Spindoctor he mentioned recently that he still has a few for sale!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=71673&page=3&highlight=production+line

These are mainly used for off-set dish!

New guy, first post. I am learning a lot in this fine forum and I am looking forward to setting up an offset dish for c/ku band fta reception. Several posts mention this conical feedhorn for C-band reception on an offset dish. Just as the original poster on this thread stated, I am also interested on getting one of those to start experimenting. I still cannot send a private message to "SpinDoctor" for one of his feeds, so I hope PSB or someone else can help me out here. I have access to both a 1.2m and 1.8m offset dishes.
Thanks,
Bill

billsat said:
New guy, first post. I am learning a lot in this fine forum and I am looking forward to setting up an offset dish for c/ku band fta reception. Several posts mention this conical feedhorn for C-band reception on an offset dish. Just as the original poster on this thread stated, I am also interested on getting one of those to start experimenting. I still cannot send a private message to "SpinDoctor" for one of his feeds, so I hope PSB or someone else can help me out here. I have access to both a 1.2m and 1.8m offset dishes.
Thanks,
Bill

I have a funny feeling spindoctor will contact you :)

PSB, are you some sort of psychic??? :D
Thanks man, spindoctor just sent me a note.
Cheers,
-Bill

billsat said:
PSB, are you some sort of psychic??? :D
Thanks man, spindoctor just sent me a note.
Cheers,
-Bill

I sometimes think I am :rolleyes:

But on this occasion I sent him a PM saying you were on the lookout for one :)

What are the advantages of a conical scalar ring?

I'm not familiar with a conical scalar ring. Can someone list it's advantages? Is this a one size fits all? I'm down in Panama and I'm interested in anything that will get more signal. Thanks.:confused:

I don't know the variables, but it's designed for an off-set dish and it's supposed to be better. I assume that means more signal. I think the people on here are using them to experiment with C-band reception on a mini-bud fot the most part. Maybe someone who has one can be more specific.

Al

Are there any pictures of this anywhere?

Also, it appears Spin Doctor still has a full mailbox. How does one contact him about a possible purchase?

voomvoom said:
I contacted him a couple of days ago. He replied back to me and said he was out and was waiting for a shipment from overseas.

Al

Any picture of one of these things?

Conical scalar rings are specifically designed for off-set dish!

Here is mine, made by a member here...........

Attachments

• Pict0037.JPG
    Pict0037.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 468
Home made cone

I was able to take some old flat scalers and machine them so the rings could be stacked. Id sent them to PSB and Cascade for testing purposses. Its not an easy matter but they do seem to help the signal. I hope spindoctor will get some more, Im not sure Id be to crasy about building a number of these. Alec

Attachments

• 4 rings.JPG
    4 rings.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 438
  • new cone.JPG
    new cone.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 424
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)