Looking for a satellite finder with Signal and Quality on LCD Screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I were looking to buy a meter today and my budget was $200 - $300, I would shop for a quality used Super Buddy. Sure it isn't future proof against the slow migration towards DVBS2, but the meter is superior to any other meter in that price range.

The tuner is very sensitive and optimizing the signal quality is so much easier than any other meter I have ever tested or owned. Features such as LNB frequency drift and spectrum analyzer make the unit really stand out amount the competition.

Applied Instruments provides regular satellite and accurate transponder updates on their website. Their telephone support and customer service is second to none. Yes it is nice to be able to scan and watch a channel on others meters, but I don't buy meters to watch TV out at the dish. :D

There is one shortcoming that I wish that Applied Instruments would address in legacy and the new AI Turbo models, DiSEqC 1.2 motor control. The meter controls 22KHz/DiSEqC switches, so the design supports the command set. Seems that it should be an easy addition, but maybe there are hardware or memory constraints?

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Dee_Ann said: Because some hot glued a $30 TV and a $10 battery to the $100 tuner?

images

There is one shortcoming that I wish that Applied Instruments would address in legacy and the new AI Turbo models, DiSEqC 1.2 motor control. The meter controls 22KHz/DiSEqC switches, so the design supports the command set. Seems that it should be an easy addition, but maybe there are hardware or memory constraints?

I agree. I did find that in my new meter that it supports a diseqc 8 (I HATE THIS WORD! It’s unspellable and unpronounceable!)

IMG_0459.jpg IMG_0461.jpg IMG_0460.jpg
(I had to take three shots because there are so many options.)

So it supports the 1x8 switch I have which uses ports “uncommitted 1” through “uncommitted 8”..

This is very helpful to me but being able to control my USALS motor would be a major plus.

Another annoyance, lack of feature is that it can not control the motor on a C-band dish. But I think that takes like 32 volts or something, I’m sure I’m wrong but it’s a lot more than a little USALS motor.
I don’t see how it could do that with a small battery.

What I wish is that someone would make a portable, battery powered box that would control both USALS and C-band motors.

I agree with the Supper Buddy being the best meter for sure! Does anyone know anything about the Sathero SH-600HD? I am really looking at that meter now. It states that it does S2 signals. I know they had some issues with some of their meters not locking, but I think that is probably a software issue that could be fixed in the future with an update.

Also, which Sathero site is NOT the clone site, and the legit address?

Is it this one: http://www.satherometers.com/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)