Looking for a VHF/UHF Combiner

Mike I'm a little confused. What I posted was from the ratings section of your link. It's the 7th rating listed.

"Copied from An Antennas Tech from St Louis, MO (Antenna Professional, Business Owner, Hobbyist)

Comments about RadioShack VHF/UHF Gold-Plated Splitter-Combiner:

This device, 15-2586, as several other reviewers have stated, is for a VERY SPECIFIC PURPOSE. While it "looks" like a regular splitter, it is not and should not be used for that purpose. It is intended SOLELY to either separate or to combine (it is a reciprocal device) two ranges of channels: VHF (below 300 MHz and UHF (above 350 MHZ).

A sample of this device was lab tested and found to have the following attributes:

Rejection 54-300 MHz greater than 35 dB
Rejection 470-1000 MHz greater than 32 db
Insertion loss 54-220 MHz less than 0.5 dB
Insertion loss 470-1000 less than 1.2 dB (average .75)

This device will pass DC power on the UHF port.

The most typical application for this device is to combine separate UHF and VHF antennas.

It is NOT to be used for the following:
Combining antenna and cable or satellite signals.
Splitting antenna, cable, or satellite signals to multiple TV sets or receivers.

In all, a technically good device. Unfortunately, the specifications and descriptions on this web site were written by someone without the technical expertise to explain this device. Hopefully, this will help!"
Read less
Look at the picture of the UVSJ on the Amazon page, and look at the picture of the one you posted from Ebay. They aren't the same. Radio Shack made 3 different combiner devices. Two different "for REAL" UVSJ's, (one being the 15-2586 (power passing on UHF side), another being the 15-1236 UHF, Vhf-low, and Vhf-high) and that splitter device model 15-1234 from your Ebay link.

Look at the picture of the UVSJ on the Amazon page, and look at the picture of the one you posted from Ebay. They aren't the same. Radio Shack made 3 different combiner devices. Two different "for REAL" UVSJ's, (one being the 15-2586 (power passing on UHF side), another being the 15-1236 UHF, Vhf-low, and Vhf-high) and that splitter device model 15-1234 from your Ebay link.
Got it. Posted wrong link. Thanks for catching that.

Reactions: primestar31
Pre pandemic, I found an obscure site selling ASKA UVSJs for $2.95 each! I bought 5 for the future. 0.5dB loss rating. I don't know if they pass power. I use mine after the preamp power inserters behind the TV. Dual coax into the house for OTA.

Attachments

• 20220419_223807.jpg
    20220419_223807.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: FTA4PA
UVSJ was a part number originally used by Pico Macom in California. It has been long since discontinued.
It separates UHF and VHF signals (or can combine them when reversed) with approximately 0.5 dB insertion loss. There are other similar devices with different nomenclatures. Try Holland Electronics in Ventura, CA.
Whatever you find, it needs to have separate UHF and VHF ports. A regular 2 way splitter/power divider will halve the signal equally on both sides, and when insertion loss is added, that is at least 3.5 dB down.