Looking for Advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JoyceC

Original poster
May 22, 2009
North Brunswick, NJ
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and considering dropping Cablevision for DirectTV. Is anyone from the North Brunswick, NJ area using this service or is anyone aware of how well it would work in this area?

Thanks for your help!

Joyce

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and considering dropping Cablevision for DirectTV. Is anyone from the North Brunswick, NJ area using this service or is anyone aware of how well it would work in this area?

Thanks for your help!

Joyce

If you have an unobstructed view to the southern sky you should have no problems you can sign up and then DirecTV will come out and verify if you can receive service.Good Luck!.:):welcome

We dropped cablevison and love Directv. I received all my equipment free. The picture quality is even better. I was always afraid of the dish on the house and wires all over. They hooked up a swm dish and used all my excising cable . We also live in NJ............

I live down in Monmouth County & have never looked back since I moved to DirecTv from Comcast Cable in 1999.As long as you have the line of sight do it !!

Thanks for Your Answers

Thank you for your answers, Does anyone knows what happens if yopu want to keep Cablevision for Internet and phone and have DirectTV for TV services only?
I'm almost sold :)

Thank you for your answers, Does anyone knows what happens if yopu want to keep Cablevision for Internet and phone and have DirectTV for TV services only?
If you go this route, there's a pretty good chance that they'll have to run new cabling for the satellite receivers. Cable modems and DIRECTV often don't play well together on the same cables in the manner that Flair3000 suggests.

If you go this route, there's a pretty good chance that they'll have to run new cabling for the satellite receivers. Cable modems and DIRECTV often don't play well together on the same cables in the manner that Flair3000 suggests.

That or have a new coax run for the Internet and use the existing ones for the sat signal.

If you have all 3 Cable probably gives you a discount which you may lose if you drop the TV service.

I got cable internet and when i drop comcast cable it raised internet $10. All my DTV receivers are using my existing cable lines, except for my youngest daughters room (she's 18 months) where she dont need tv and used that outlet for internet modem/wireless router only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)