Looking for an antenna

Gant

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 30, 2007
Planet Earth
I'm looking for an antenna that I can attach to the back of my DirectTV dish mast.

Ideally I'd like to get both KC and Topeka stations, but I'll settle for just KC. The split on them is from 47 degrees to 58 degrees and the max distance is 41 miles.

Found this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Terk-HDTVO-HDtv-Antenna-Amplified/dp/B0009W9WHQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242679687&sr=1-4"]Terk antenna[/ame]... do you think it would do the job or would you recommend something else?

Attachments

• Radar-Digital2.png
    Radar-Digital2.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 141
We bought that antenna and it is VERY directional. It just didn't do a good job at all and we aren't that far from the local station towers. We sent it back and bought a regular antenna.

Ideally I'd like to get both KC and Topeka stations, but I'll settle for just KC. Would you recommend something else?

I'd get a Channel Master 4220 for KC and an Antennacraft Y10-7-13 for the three VHF stations from Topeka. Add them together with a Pico UVSJ or a Channel Master 7777 preamp.

I'd get a Channel Master 4220 for KC and an Antennacraft Y10-7-13 for the three VHF stations from Topeka. Add them together with a Pico UVSJ or a Channel Master 7777 preamp.

That's an excellent idea. The only problem is you may or may not get KMBC (9.1/2) from KC with the 4220, as it's going back to VHF-9 after the transition. 9.2 runs 24-hour weather, which may be something you need. I live less than 7 miles from the KMBC tower, and my Eagle Aspen UHF antenna picks it up just fine, but at your distance, it may not be excellent. I'd go with a Channel Master 4221 or Antennas Direct db4 (4-bay instead of 2-bay 4220) and see what you can get; if you can't get KMBC, you'll need a Winegard HD7695P, which is for channels 7-69. It's a bit large at 90"L by 36"W, but it'll give you awesome results.

The only problem is you may or may not get KMBC (9.1/2) from KC with the 4220, as it's going back to VHF-9 after the transition.

This is from an application that KMBC filed in February. KMBC is operating on channel 29 and will stay there.

KMBC-DT'S PRE-TRANSITION DTV CHANNEL IS CHANNEL 7. KMBC-DT'S POST-TRANSITION DTV CHANNEL IS CHANNEL 29 AS AUTHORIZED IN FCC FILE NUMBER BMPCDT-20081216BJR.

THE LICENSEE INTENDS TO MAINTAIN KMBC-TV'S ANALOG CHANNEL 9 OPERATION UNTIL JUNE 12, 2009. HOWEVER, THE LICENSEE WISHES TO FINALIZE THE CONSTRUCTION OF ITS POST-TRANSITION DTV FACILITY ON CHANNEL 29 ON OR BEFORE FEBRUARY 18, 2009.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts