Looking for an Soundblaster Extigy External Soundcard

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Read in a few threads that those are really swell gizmos to get Dolby Digital out of the Pansat 3500 cheap... and that they go for about 50.00...

I've been bidding around on ebay for one and am not getting anywhere. These little babies jump in price fast. One auction that I saw saw the bids jump from 20.00 to more than 80.00 in less than an hour, and that was when the auction still had over a day and a half left!!! There's no buy it nows on ebay, or if there are, they are getting bought before I have a chance to see the auction... Anyone know where you can get on extigy for somewhat cheaply without having to try your luck on ebay? Been trying google and froogle, but no luck so far. Froogle prices are way above average ebay prices.

If nothing else, can someone suggest a cheap alternative (50.00 or less if possible) to the Extigy solution for getting Dolby Digital Sound out of the receiver so that you can actually hear it. I've read some of you all are using various other equipment from Wal-Mart and stuff - got namebrands, model numbers?

I found mine on fleabay, but that was several months ago. Keep bidding and good luck :-D

I've read some of you all are using various other equipment from Wal-Mart and stuff

mine was a fluke. I bought a simple "Durabrand" surround sound system on clearance for my StarChoice system 2 years ago but never hooked it up for a long time

Once I really got into FTA I hooked it up and found out it passed Dolby digital. I think that's all it has to do is pass Dolby Digital.

Look for one of these.

Look for one of these on Ebay.

Technics Dolby Digital Decoder/Processor SH-AC300

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9733950012&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

This one sold for $28 plus $18 shipping.

This is what I use to decode the ac3 audio from PBS on AMC3. I had to bid on several of these until I got mine. I paid around $72 including shipping but mine was a new in the box old stock one that had all the cables and remote.

I lost a bid on one that went for $38 and $12 shipping. So they can be had for around $50 or so.

I wanted a decoder instead of a home theater system so I could run the sound through my tv speakers and not wanting to mess with 6 speakers all over the room. PBS doesn't broadcast in surround sound anyway as far as I can tell. They just use the AC3 to send normal 2 channel sound.

Any good home enterainment center has ability to deal with digital sound. I saw a Kenwood recevier the other day at salvation army for $20. It had a digital input.

WHOO HOOO! I won an ebay auction for the extigy!!! It ended up only costing 58.00!

For anyone looking to buy on ebay - If the seller puts the word "soundblaster" anywhere in the title or body of the auction, odds are likely prices are going to jump like crazy. If they leave that off and just put "extigy" and/or "creative" you'll probably stand a better chance of getting away with a lower price.

Congrats Mastermesh :D
I paid about 40$ for mine, but it did not have remote or power supply, so you got a real good deal.
Have fun, I think you are going to like it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts