Looking for Android phone app to point a dish without internet service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
Hi All,

I have an Android 5 Phone and looking for a app that will help me find satellites on C band.
The main thing it needs is a list of North America Sats with freqs and FTA channels.
The phone does not have data so I need to use this offline.

So want to click on say 87W and get a list of FTA channels along with freqs so I can have an idea what sat I am receiving without any internet connection.

Thanks

Maybe a list of satellites and freqs would work? Say a PDF I could save on my phone? Could be range of sats from 70-130W Thanks

I'm not aware of an app that has what you are describing. I've had Dishpointer installed on my Android phone for years and I find it most helpful for making sure I have line of site for a particular satellite but I still tend to rely on a compass. What I have done in the past is print out pages from Lyngsat or Sathint as that's easier than looking at a phone screen and usually I will have programmed in a bunch of frequencies into my meter. As far as lists of FTA channels, there are lots of sources, sathint, lyngsat and tvrosat are my usual go to list.

No App exists like you want. This is a hobby in North America, so things change too much to make a list that is static. I suggest you write down on a piece of paper a few transponders or make a print out from sathint.
If you must have on your phone, you will have to make your own PDF.

Thanks for the ideas I think I will use Convert Web Page to PDF - #1 Web to PDF Converter and save the web page from lyngsat to google drive and then download from there. I agree then should be done just before needing it since things change. I can use an app and compass to get it close. Then I would only need three sats. The one I want the ones on either side.

I can use an app and compass to get it close. Then I would only need three sats. The one I want the ones on either side.

So, in fact you don't want lists of satellites, but you want to find one satellite in particular?

Why not use the sun method to find the exact azimuth, then?
Very reliable; that is, when the sun and yourself are at the dish site at the right time.... ;)

greetz,
A33

Status
Please reply by conversation.