looking for candian brokers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
ive found info on freeway and can-am i am looking for info on tvm in hamilton,
iceberg or anyone else with this info please dont hesitate to pm me.
thanks
have a great holiday season

stone phillips420 said:
thanks for the great info iceberg
no problem. Let me know if you need any more info
ps. i like cc tigers this year
they're going to be tough this year
but dogs are more fun to watch then gophers
AMEN!!! I live right in "Goofer Country" but love them Dogs (even though this year has been crazy...your own fans booing your team, chanting "overrated", riots in the stands.....crazy stuff :)

STAY AWAY FROM FREEWAY!!!!!

I was with Freeway for 3 years (S*), what a headache. I now use TVM, great service and costs MUCH less then Freeway. Can-Am only handles Bell as far as I know, tried them before finding TVM.

Mike

Iceberg,

I just found this site, I am usually over at satforums. I am glad to hear you are warning of Freeway. Man what a nightmare! I even had to buy 2 new S* boxes because they would not decommision me. I still have them sitting here in an unusable condition. Oh I could go on, and on...

Mike

KUSAT is now an address broker. I don't know much about them, so I will not recommend them. But I encourage others to post their experiences with Kusat.

Pocatello said:
KUSAT is now an address broker. I don't know much about them, so I will not recommend them. But I encourage others to post their experiences with Kusat.

Their customer service is sort of bad. One of the guys who works there is quite rude on the phone. I've contacted them now twice about installation issues and haven't heard back. So, I don't really know if I'd trust them as brokers (imagine trying to change your programming and NOT hearing from them???). TVM is my broker and they have been great so far. And they're cheaper!! ;)

bluesman63 said:
Can't find anything on broker fees. Equipment looks reasonable.
Looks to good to be true.
Another steer clear of outfit - just go with TVM and avoid the hassles. Their dish pointing calculator is at least 4 years out of date for example - doesn't show Nimiq 2 and shows the long retired E2 @107.5 which was replaced years ago by F1 @107.3

I have been with canam for two years, never a problem, very happy to pay my broker fee once a year. we are very pleased with Canadian programming and timeshifting.

localnet said:
STAY AWAY FROM FREEWAY!!!!!

I was with Freeway for 3 years (S*), what a headache. I now use TVM, great service and costs MUCH less then Freeway. Can-Am only handles Bell as far as I know, tried them before finding TVM.

Mike

I can't agree more. I used Freeway for three years and it was price increase upon price increase with reduction in what they were giving you for that price. The high surcharge on top of the existing subscription rates was the last straw for me.

I'd like to switch to TVM but I don't have their contact information.

I can understand using a "broker" to give you a Canadian address. However, why not just pay them their fee and YOU do all the calling into BEV yourself on their 416 number. I have called them myself for 3 years. (I have a Canadian address i can use, so don't need a broker.)
I still think some sort of clearing house on line would be feasible where Canadians who need a U.S. address can exchange addresses with "southern" Canadians who need a Canadian address.

...mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)