Looking for Cheap Experiment Ku LNBFs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I am looking for a place to purchase some very inexpensive (cheap) Ku Standard LNBFs for my experiments with multi-sat fixed dishes.

I got a link to a place for some of the price range I am looking for, but they are Universal and require 22Khz switch turned on.

The one I got from Anole is one of those, and it is working fine.

My problem is that I am running both my setups with Ecoda 22Khz switches, 4 ports at 0Khz, and 4 ports with 22Khz turned on. As long as I put them on the 4 ports with 22Khz turned on, Universals would work fine.

The problem arises when I have ports open on the 0Khz side of the Ecoda switch, so I would rather just buy standard LNBFs and put them where I want them.

If you know where some cheap standard LNBFs can be bought, please let me know.

Thanks,

Fred

My problem is that I am running both my setups with Ecoda 22Khz switches, 4 ports at 0Khz, and 4 ports with 22Khz turned on. As long as I put them on the 4 ports with 22Khz turned on, Universals would work fine.

I dont think it wil work that way. Once you turn on the 22k switch, the LNB defaults to 0k or the low side..A while back I tried that and 2 22k switches in series only the first one would work right

I dont think it wil work that way. Once you turn on the 22k switch, the LNB defaults to 0k or the low side..A while back I tried that and 2 22k switches in series only the first one would work right

I think you are right Iceberg!

It is currently working on the 22Khz side on with the Ecoda switch and it obviously is working for the high side because White Springs is coming in with it, but that is what I am afraid will happen if I try to use any more of these.

That's why I want to use Standards to avoid any problems with the setup.

Thanks for your input!!

Fred

I am looking for a place to purchase some very inexpensive (cheap) Ku Standard LNBFs for my experiments with multi-sat fixed dishes.

I got a link to a place for some of the price range I am looking for, but they are Universal and require 22Khz switch turned on.

The one I got from Anole is one of those, and it is working fine.

The problem arises when I have ports open on the 0Khz side of the Ecoda switch, so I would rather just buy standard LNBFs and put them where I want them.

If you know where some cheap standard LNBFs can be bought, please let me know.

Thanks,

Fred

EBay ?

Wyr

Hey Wyr,

I am looking at Ebay, and while there are some decent prices on a couple, the shipping is almost higher than the item and the one with low shipping will take a couple of weeks to get here via First Class Mail.

I guess that is the only way they can make money on them. :D

Thanks,

Fred

Hey Starman!

I have looked at that one on their site. The shipping weight is 2.0 lbs, and it appears it is a heavier LNBF.

They also have this one for $3.00 less each, and the shipping weight is only 1.0 LB.

That's is the one I got from Anole.

The only problem with those is that they are Universal and not Standard.

I am probably being paranoid about the Ecoda 22Khz switch in my setup, but am afraid that if I put several of these on the 22Khz "on" side, I might run into a problem, and would have LNBFs running out the wazoo that no longer worked.

I have no basis for thinking that, and the one is working perfectly!! Just being cautious I guess.

Fred

I have a few Skymexico lnbf's here, they are about the same size as the one in the link I posted above. I will compare them on my lab scales at work tomorrow and let you know, I don't think there is much difference. I noticed that shipping weight too when I ordered it , kind of odd, anyway I'll post the weights tomorrow.

Thanks Starman!!

I'll look forward to it.

Are the Skymexico's you have Standard LNBFs or are they Universals?

I would just interested in knowing if Skymexico made any Standards or not?

Thanks,

Fred

The skymexico is universal as far as I know, at least the ones I have are. Here are the weights:
Bsc321s =120 grams
skymexico= 147 grams
Invacom Quad= 674 grams.( I knew it was heavy but didn't realize it was that heavy)

The bsc321s has the same neck size as the skymexico, and is about 1 inch shorter. Coax hooks up the same way as the skymexico, underneath at the back.

The skymexico is universal as far as I know, at least the ones I have are. Here are the weights:
Bsc321s =120 grams
skymexico= 147 grams

I had to find an online coversion since I went to elementary school way before the time when they started teaching metrics here in the US. :D

Bsc321s =120 grams = 4.215 oz.
skymexico= 147 grams = 5.163 oz.
Invacom Quad= 674 grams = 23.674 oz.

The Invacom weighs a ton. :D

I wonder why the shipping weight is so much higher on the Bsc321s. They need to pack that in a lighter container. With the cost of all kinds of fuel at the price it is. shipping costs are out of hand.

I got an email back from Ivystone, and they don't have the Sky Mexico's in a Standard. By buying 5, the price comes down another $0.49 each, so I think I will just go ahead and givem them a shot and hope they work in my setup. The first one did, I don't see why the others won't. Could be wrong about that, in which case, I'll have some to pass on like Anole did to me. :cool:

Thanks to all who helped and replied to this thread. And thanks Starman for weighing them!!

Fred

I ordered 5 of the Sky Mexico Universals, and just got confirmation that they have shipped.

The shipping was only $13.50 for all 5 pieces by UPS ground from Atlanta. Will be here by Friday.

These are nice LNBFs, and I want to thank Anole again for giving me the first one to try out in the experiments.

This was my Father's day present from my family. :D

Fred

Great father's day gift!!

Thanks Starman!! It is a gift that keeps on giving! It will provide me with a lot of fun and experimentation.

I think my family is finally getting the concept and are learning to use the receiver and find their channels. My wife sat down and watched an episode of Matlock followed by Hawaii 50 last night. She found the channels and changed them all by herself.

The best thing I did was to put in some fixed Ku dishes on the most watched satellites so they could just flip through the channels.

You are right about the shipping. I thought it was pretty reasonable. I compared some LNBFs on Ebay, and a couple had a lower price, but they wanted $8.00 shipping for the first one, and an additional $6.00 each after that.

I think this was a great deal!

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts