Looking for DirecTV programming/equipment historical timeline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tywallick

Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I have had DirecTV since 1994. I have searched around for this info and have been unable to locate it. Can anyone refer me to where I can find this info? I wish I had kept track of all this, but I digress...

1) DirecTV programming offerings at launch in 1994 (including (USSB)
2) Channels added by year from 1995-2015
3) Year they first offered the TiVo
4) Year they first offered DVR (non-TiVo)
5) Year they began offering HD and years of of when each HD channel was offered.
6) Year whole-home DVR was started
7) History of programming packages/pricing since 1994.
8) Year they changed from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4
9) Years they launched satellites by name (101, etc)
10) Years they changed dish design from the original 18" "pizza" one.

I realize this is alot of meaningless data, but I am thinking there is someone else in the U.S. who may know answers to these questions, or is a data-nerd like me and may even have an Excel sheet! Any info is appreciated - even if it is just partial answers.

USSB stuff from the archive (dated 1997)...the only time I can find what they truly had. After this Directv took the Viacom nets so all they had were the movies

USSB Entertainment Plus®: $34.95/mo.
The most complete USSB package. You get, well, an unbelievable selection of movies -- over 900 different movies a month.
5 ch. of HBO®, 2 ch. of HBO Family®, 3 ch. of Cinemax®, 4 ch. of Showtime®, 2 ch. of The Movie ChannelTM, FLIXTM, Sundance ChannelTM, plus The Basics, some of the most popular entertainment networks.

Showtime Plus: $24.95/mo.
4 ch. of Showtime, 2 ch. of The Movie Channel, FLIX, Plus The Basics.

HBO Plus: $24.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, 2 ch. of HBO Family, 3 ch. of Cinemax, Plus The Basics.

Select Two: $19.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, 3 ch. of Cinemax and 2 ch. of HBO Family or 4 ch. of Showtime, 2 ch. of The Movie Channel and FLIX.

Select One: $10.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, or 4 ch. of Showtime plus FLIX, or 3 ch. of Cinemax, or 2 ch. of The Movie Channel

Sundance Package: $8.95/mo.
Sundance Channel

The Basics: $7.95/mo.
The basic entertainment networks: MTV®, M2®, VH1TM, Nickelodeon®, Nick at Nite®, Nick at Nite's TV Land®, Comedy Central®, Lifetime®, and All News Channel

Nick at Nite's TV Land and M2 are Free With All Packages.

3) Year they first offered the TiVo
2001. In 2000 they said "coming soon" and in 2001 they offered it

5) Year they began offering HD

10) Years they changed dish design from the original 18" "pizza" one.
2000 is when they offered the "Para Todos" which added 119 for Spanish. Later that year they added the 110 slot for HD (4 or 5 channels at the time)

Before I had re-ordered the service in late 2013, my last go-around was from 2006-2007. I don't remember the exact model number of my box (it was an HD DVR, and silver) but what I *do* remember was the mix channels not working with that specific receiver - you couldn't select the channel and get its audio and tune to it. Some HD channels (like some of the Philly locals) had almost a filmy effect when watching them too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts