Looking for EchoStar9/IA 13

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I have a BUD and I am trying to locate EchoStar 9/IA 13. On my system 34 clicks is equal to 2 degrees. I moved east from G10 (123), received a strong signal on the Motorola 922. I then did a blind search with the 3816. I locked onto 36 signals and 200 (no BS, this is fact) scrambled user adds. Is this an indication that I am on ES 9/IA13? If I am there, does anybody know of any other programing that I can use as a reference point? I noticed all of the SRs are 20000.

if you scanned for both FTA & Scrambled, 200 would be about right...there are 27 TP's and they all arent full :)

12161 V 20000 will give you the Chinese channels
12016 V 20000 is the "You have a Superidsh at 121" test card

Diamond Jim said:
Ice,

What do you mean? With this 3618 all I do is a blind scan. When you say FTA and scrambled, you are meaning that both will come up on the same scan,,,,right? :confused:

The Pansat you can specify when you do a scan
"FTA only"
"FTA + scramble"

The FTA stuff would be FTA only......HOWEVER.....the Dish Network satellites have 12-13 "dummy" channels per transponder that somehow show up when do a scan. They have names as G4Tech, HBO-E, BET, Bravo, etc. They have 0000 for audio & video PIDs, so there's nothing there....just bogs up your channel list...like spam e-mail :D

Iceberg said:
the Dish Network satellites have 12-13 "dummy" channels per transponder that somehow show up when do a scan. They have names as G4Tech, HBO-E, BET, Bravo, etc. They have 0000 for audio & video PIDs, so there's nothing there....just bogs up your channel list...like spam e-mail :D
I've always wondered about those, like, what's the point.

TuxCoder said:
I've always wondered about those, like, what's the point.

they're like spam e-mail....we don;t want them but they're there :mad:

sucks when you want to scan for new frequencies and you have to delete 400 channels

Iceberg,

I am still trying to 2 and 2 together on this FTA stuff. When I look at a satellite chart and it shows nothing for C or Ku analog is there still a possibility that there is DVB on it? Would I be wasting my time trying to zero in on stuff like EchoStar 6 just to scan it with the 3618?

I have also located Galaxy 13/Horizons 1 at 127 degrees. there is Chinese channels at 11720, 26800. There is also RFD TV on C Band, 4186, 4410. :D

Diamond Jim said:
Iceberg,

I am still trying to 2 and 2 together on this FTA stuff. When I look at a satellite chart and it shows nothing for C or Ku analog is there still a possibility that there is DVB on it? Would I be wasting my time trying to zero in on stuff like EchoStar 6 just to scan it with the 3618?

I have also located Galaxy 13/Horizons 1 at 127 degrees. there is Chinese channels at 11720, 26800. There is also RFD TV on C Band, 4186, 4410. :D

None of the DBS satellites (61.5, 82, 91, 105, 110, 119, 121, 148) have analog stuff on them.

Check out in the FAQ...."what can I get with an 18" dish"..thats what you can get for free on DBS satellites

Other than the audio channels, there really isn;t much. NASA is on there, but you can get that on C-Band :)

Iceberg said:
The Pansat you can specify when you do a scan
"FTA only"
"FTA + scramble"

The FTA stuff would be FTA only......HOWEVER.....the Dish Network satellites have 12-13 "dummy" channels per transponder that somehow show up when do a scan. They have names as G4Tech, HBO-E, BET, Bravo, etc. They have 0000 for audio & video PIDs, so there's nothing there....just bogs up your channel list...like spam e-mail :D
these phantom channels only show up on pansat receivers. i never have the problem with my PCI card using the Happauge software.

huh, imagine that.....guess I need a different receiver to do scanning of the Dish Network satellites :)

I will have to check this one out and get back to you guys on what I get with the Viastar 2000

Ken

Diamond Jim said:
I have a BUD and I am trying to locate EchoStar 9/IA 13. On my system 34 clicks is equal to 2 degrees. I moved east from G10 (123), received a strong signal on the Motorola 922. I then did a blind search with the 3816. I locked onto 36 signals and 200 (no BS, this is fact) scrambled user adds. Is this an indication that I am on ES 9/IA13? If I am there, does anybody know of any other programing that I can use as a reference point? I noticed all of the SRs are 20000.

OK I went out and tried this. I can get Dish 119 (100 + reading) no problem BUT this one no go. I think am I using a Dish 2700 receiver to point the dish?

I have a listing for 121 BUT don't get a reading for it.
Do I need a different dish or LNB? I have a basic 18" Dish and LNB.

Could the 119 signal be blinding me to seeing the 121?

Thanks
Ken

ken2400 said:
I will have to check this one out and get back to you guys on what I get with the Viastar 2000

Ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)