Looking for ideas regarding programming for a local LPFM (low power FM)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Doubt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Snohomish, Wa
Hi people,
I have been busy helping a group construct their LPFM. We should be on the air Feb 1st, with music using a computer library and automation. We will also do some local community based programs (native music + talk, local artists, historians, local events) What music programming is available with KU? I am wondering if there is any music that is on barter (country, rock, blues, oldies) that may be avaiable and with the proper receiver, be able to decipher the subtones for local spots, news, weather, statio ID, etc. I know I can do this with c-band, but would like to do some research regarding KU.
Thanks in advance,
No Doubt.

These are the only Ku music stations I know of that are noncommercial. The first one says they have cues (though I don't know what kind of receiver you need), the second one I'm not sure about.

God's Country: This is God's Country- Country Gospel, Southern Gospel and Contemporary Christian Music

WCPE - Great Classical Music 24 Hours a Day

Thanks for both of these leads, I have contacted both programmers.
WCPE sounds good as a overnight option (10 pm to 6 am)
Gods Country (not on barter, but gives full breakaways for local spots)
Doe anyone have a used Comstream ABR200 receiver?
No Doubt

Last edited:
my old sirius radio's fm transmitter is like a low power fm station LOL...I can connect it to a 1/2 wave vertical ground plane and it will transmit two or three blocks away Lol....

Hi guys, what is going on in the sat word? I have been busy with my radio station project. I found some potential music on c-band that uses a Comstream ABR202 and I already have the ABR200, which hopefully will work or I will upgrade if needed. You guys are the masters of utilizing a ku dish with a c-band LNB with good results. The music is The American Blues Network, fed on Galaxy 16 (formerly Galaxy 4R) Transponder 1.
Welcome to the American Blues Network

Think it is feasible to get a strong signal with my Primestar 1.0 with the proper LNB or will I need a larger dish?

Last edited:
Hi guys, what is going on in the sat word? I have been busy with my radio station project. I found some potential music on c-band that uses a Comstream ABR202 and I already have the ABR200, which hopefully will work or I will upgrade if needed. You guys are the masters of utilizing a ku dish with a c-band LNB with good results. The music is The American Blues Network, fed on Galaxy 16 (formerly Galaxy 4R) Transponder 1.
Welcome to the American Blues Network

Think it is feasible to get a strong signal with my Primestar 1.0 with the proper LNB or will I need a larger dish?

This sounds like the perfect case for Pacifica Radio Network. All their stuff (Newscasts, programs, etc) are available off KU band, they don't have any overnight programming that I know of unfortunately.

PRSS (public radio satellite system, run by NPR and CPB i believe) has BBC World Service which you can run during the overnight hours, however I believe there's some cost involved.

For daytime programming I'd highly reccomend the Pacifica Network.

wish I was of more help!

I already talked to Pacifica and was going to utilize them, but have decided to go with a music format with local news, weather, etc. I am hoping I can get the G-16 stuff with a smaller dish.
Thanks for your input, it is appreciated!
Guy

Hi people,
I have been busy helping a group construct their LPFM. We should be on the air Feb 1st, with music using a computer library and automation. We will also do some local community based programs (native music + talk, local artists, historians, local events) What music programming is available with KU? I am wondering if there is any music that is on barter (country, rock, blues, oldies) that may be avaiable and with the proper receiver, be able to decipher the subtones for local spots, news, weather, statio ID, etc. I know I can do this with c-band, but would like to do some research regarding KU.
Thanks in advance,
No Doubt.
If you have an LPFM radio station you're probably best to be 100% original. Why not extend your coverage with internet radio? I'd step up to the plate with great programming of your own making.

I would love to sit in the studio all day & play "radio" but I have to have a real job until my station gets some community recognition. I have a webstream, but it is basically for people at work and people to reconnect with their hometown, who have moved away. Internet radio is not my idea of real radio, what is your background in radio?
If you have an LPFM radio station you're probably best to be 100% original. Why not extend your coverage with internet radio? I'd step up to the plate with great programming of your own making.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts