Looking for setup advice.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That is the same info I got off of the Philips site for your equipment.
Use the Digital Coax out from your 622 and hook it up to the Digital Coax input on your Soundbar...you will them have multichannel sound going through your soundbar from the 622.

If you want to upconvert your DVD's while watching them you will need to use the HDMI output and hook it up to your HDMI input on your DLP...
If you use component out from the Soundbar to the DLP, you will only have 480P....

I thought of another question... is it better to use the digital coax from the 622 to the soundbar or to use an audio cable & connect audio in & audio out?

are you talking about the red and white audio cables(composite) If you use them then you wont get digital sound, the sound will be compressed...it would be better to use the digital coax

are you talking about the red and white audio cables(composite) If you use them then you wont get digital sound, the sound will be compressed...it would be better to use the digital coax

Yep, I was talking about the red & white cables. I'll use the coax. By the way, the system came in today but I have meetings & appointments most of the week so I may have to wait until this weekend:eek:

cool, keep in touch with me, I really like Philips products, most people dont, but I do...I would like to know how this thing works...seems like it works similar to the Bose Soundwave system or whatever it was called

My setup is as follows:

I have (2) external devices connected to my Panasonic TH-58PZ700U. A DISH network ViP622 DVR receiver and the Philips HTS8100.
  • ViP622 audio - I use a coaxial cable and an optical cable to connect the COAXIAL DIGITAL IN jack on the subwoofer to the OPTICAL DIGITAL output jack on the connected device. Since the signal coming from the ViP622 is optical, I purchased a "Digital Optical Toslink to Digital Coaxial Converter" to convert it to a digital signal (hence the use of two cables).
  • ViP622 video - I utilized an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV monitor.
  • HTS8100 video - I am using an HDMI connection from the HTS8100 to the TV monitor.
The sound is phenominal! I hope you enjoy your HTS8100.

My setup is as follows:

I have (2) external devices connected to my Panasonic TH-58PZ700U. A DISH network ViP622 DVR receiver and the Philips HTS8100.
  • ViP622 audio - I use a coaxial cable and an optical cable to connect the COAXIAL DIGITAL IN jack on the subwoofer to the OPTICAL DIGITAL output jack on the connected device. Since the signal coming from the ViP622 is optical, I purchased a "Digital Optical Toslink to Digital Coaxial Converter" to convert it to a digital signal (hence the use of two cables).
  • ViP622 video - I utilized an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV monitor.
  • HTS8100 video - I am using an HDMI connection from the HTS8100 to the TV monitor.
The sound is phenominal! I hope you enjoy your HTS8100.

What exactly is the difference in this setup vs straight digital coax?

I think I see why you did that. The Digital Audio Out from the 622 is not coaxil but I can't tell from the picture online what it is. So that means I can't run staright coax from the subwoofer to the 622.

That is correct. The ViP 622 has an optical digital output. Whereas the HTS8100 does not accept any optical inputs. Therefore I had to buy a converter. I bought it for a fair price at CableWholesale.com

Here's a link:
Digital Optical to Coaxial Digital Converter

When watching programming from the ViP622, select "digital in" on your HTS8100's remote and your good to go.

It works pretty well. I hope my inputs helps.

Yes, it is the same thing. Great price, though.

You'll need (1) optical toslink cable -- you will connect this from the ViP 622 to the converter. Then (1) digital coax cable --this will go from the converter to the HTS8100.

You got it!

Wouldn't it be much easier (and cheaper) if the HTS8100 came with an optical input? :)

They are actually coming out with another version of this in the spring. Same system except no on screen instructions. I emailed them with the hoops one must go thru without the optical input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts