This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking For Updated Newsfeed Transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wxman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
I have downloaded active newsfeeds using Smartscan with my Pansat 2500A. I have these transponders stored and was wondering if it was possible to do the following:
1. retain the current listing and update say hourly looking for new active transponders
2. if this can be done with the 2500A what is the best scan to initiate (a)Satellite Scan (b)Advanced Scan (c) Smart Scan (takes quite awhile)

If the foregoing can be done a large listing of known newsfeed transponders could be retained and reviewed for activity.

Appreciate any and all help.....thanks in advance. (hope my question makes sense)

Do a smart scan..that will give you all the active TP's. All Tp's it finds it stores into the memory. So if you don;t want to do a smart scan, do a satelliter scan and it will check all the TP's for that satellite in memory.

For IA6 at one time, I had 72 TP's in there......then deleted a bunch because it was taking longer to do a satellite scan than a smart scan
(also some TV stations may use the same frequecy but different symbol rate or PID's...that makes it so you get a black screen)

Status
Please reply by conversation.