Please reply by conversation.

trscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Oregon
Getting my dish aligned better. It turns out that my Longitude is:
122d 57m 24s - West, and 45d 20m 47s - North

So G0 / X0 is just about due south for me at 123degrees. The trouble is, I can't find anything much on X0 to confirm that I've got the right satellite.

I don't have a DVB decoder, just C band and Ku band with a DSR 922 4DTV receiver.

On G0 I can get Spike on channel 19, but I can't find anything recognizable on X0. There is a DirecTV banner on channel 24 for a satellite that might be it, but I don't have anything that will confirm what satellite it is. It is offset a bit east of G0 (DSR 922 count = 5007 vs 5027 for G0).

Is this DirecTV banner on channel 24 of X0, or is it some other satellite?

I guess I could get a DVB receiver and hook it up to my big dish with a splitter so that I could get both 4DTV and FTA DVB?

Thanks!

Transponder 7 is a DC2 signal. It correlates to virtual channels 600 and 601. Try to get a DC2 lock on these channels.
Also the fact that the counts are different for C and Ku bands is normal. Ku tends to have tighter tolerances than C band.
One more thing, the skew settings will be different between C and Ku bands too.

Remember, when trying to lock a DC2 signal, change things slowly. Make a one step change and than wait a few moments to see if you signal strength and quality readings change. Than try again.

The only think I've seen on XO is a spanish language lottery drawing that is sometimes on TP24 (analog).

I figure I'll dial in XO when I get another DVB receiver.

There isn't much on X0 that you can get with analog or digicipher that I can find. There are sports feeds on channels one and two but they are very infrequent. X4 has a lot of free music and channel 603 is in the clear as well, and the signals are strong so you might look for it once you are set up.

If you have your dish set up perfectly you will find that the position for both C-band and Ku band are identical and so is the skew. It is that way on my system. Since they both come from the same satellite which is over 20,000 miles away they come from the same point in space and I've never heard of the polarity transmitted from the satellite being different for C and Ku, but I could be wrong on this. Apparent differences in location and skew are due to the fact that Ku band is more sensitive to focus due to its wavelength. If the focus of the dish is not exactly in the center of the feedhorn you will see apparent differences in skew and location, but I would say that 20 counts away from G0 is a different satellite. If G0 is your south satellite just tune into it as tightly as you can on Spike and you will know your dish is pointed south. I assume this is your objective.

Found X0

Thanks! That was just what I needed. I found an educational channel on 600, and a banner on 601.

That will come in real handy when I get a chance to re-peak the elevation adjustment.

Thanks! That was just what I needed. I found an educational channel on 600, and a banner on 601.

That will come in real handy when I get a chance to re-peak the elevation adjustment.

Billion Here

Let me know what your signal quality is on XO/600-601

Thanks in advance:) :D

Haven't been able to find anything on 600 or 601 since that first day. I will keep checking now and then.

Just to correct : The Banner you see on X0 24 is a DiSH Network logo on EchoStar 9(121w) transponder 32 at 12176 H. If your X0 is perfectly aligned, you should see this as a very faint signal at most.

The Dish Network banner on X9-24...

That makes some sense. The Lyngsat chart for Echostar 9 shows that the whole Ku side is Dish Network channels, but they are all listed as DVB, but maybe they've got one NTSC banner thrown in just for identification or something. I went ahead and assigned it to X9 just to have another landmark.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts