Looking to buy a LCD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I am looking for a new LCD tv to take back to college with me this fall. I want like a 32-37 incher but im trying to find one that has a resolution on 1080i or 1080p. All i can find is 720p. What should i invest in.

What is your budget? That is a HUGE factor. These are not recommendations, just examples of some of the lowest price points I saw from the drill down tool at SHOPPING.COM

A fully portable, industry top rated HD projector that will shoot a perfect adjustable 40" to 200" for $1600 should be another option; and within 10 minutes you can move it, lock it up, or take it to a buddy's home, and it will grow with you as your space grows without spending more money or being locked into one size.

$1625 Westinghouse LVM-37w3 37" (1920 x 1080) 1000:1
$1500 Sceptre X37sv-Naga 37" (1920 x 1080) 1000:1
$1200 Syntax LT37HVE 37" (1366 x 768) 1200:1

$790 Syntax DLT-3212M 32" (1366 x 768) 1200:1
$1200 Philips 32MF605W 32" (1366 x 768) 500:1
$1270 Samsung LN-S3251D 32" (1366 x 768) 4000:1

Last edited:
As long as the TV is under $3000 ive been saving up all summer and i just got a HDDVD player so thats what im left with. I just want to make sure that I'm getting a great picture.

I was looking at best buy the other day and i liked the Phillips picture i think that had the best picture out of most of the ones there. What do you think has the best picture?

Well its hard for me to recommend any display for that kind of dough that is that small, but, truly my eyes cant see what you see in person. If you think the Philips is the best looking, and is a great value for your hard earned dollar, then that is the selection you should make. I would recommend looking around at some local A/V shops, (not a fan of box stores) and online too.

Abesofmaine.com, Amazon, Buy.com and Newegg.com have great deals. Ask about included extras, warranty, if their service is done in-house, and stuff like that. In the end an online purchase may be just as good an option (and cheaper) once you ask those questions to the box stores.

Last edited:
1080p vs 720p should be your LAST consideration when looking for a display.

there is not a lot of good LCD product on hte market. Consider Sony and the new Samsungs. For plasma consider panasonic and pioneer elite.

If you dont mind another 10 or so inches of depth, you can get a a bigger dlp display and save a crap load of cash.

whatever display you decide on, consider calibration if you want it to perform at its very best.

regards

Gregg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts