Looking To Come Back To Dish

Yet there are multiple threads about people that are adamant about the music channels working. More people than I would have expected. Again, just because it is not important to you, does not mean it doesn't get counted. And far more accurate?? Because they both have encore? I tend to disagree. A channel offered is a channel offered. Period. I will remove pay per view and adult channels, but everyday viewing channels are included. Both companies do that with their channels lists. Maximize value for price.

Yet there are multiple threads about people that are adamant about the music channels working. More people than I would have expected. Again, just because it is not important to you, does not mean it doesn't get counted. And far more accurate?? Because they both have encore? I tend to disagree. A channel offered is a channel offered. Period. I will remove pay per view and adult channels, but everyday viewing channels are included. Both companies do that with their channels lists. Maximize value for price.
You are the one that can't handle the prices, so you got desperate, destroyed my post and started bringing up channel counts, when Directv has lots of channels in that price That DISH doesn't and Vise Versa.
So your point is Moot!

uploadfromtaptalk1445293237867.png

Even though, I added internet to my Price there is a Sub total that doesn't include it, Also this is full pricing, So no I'm not going to include Dish Netflix offer or the 12 month offer that Directv is currently running because I don't believe in basing my decisions on a Promo rate.

Oh and also I might add, If you Sign up for the $49.99 price lock with dish, as soon as you Upgrade your base pck, you will never get that Rate again.
It will be $54.99 if you go to downgrade back to 120 Plus.
Found that out the hard way.
Top 200 and 250 remain the same.

BTW, I don't listen to music on Dish much, outside of Holidays, but when I do, I always listen to the Sirius channels.

Dish has an exclusive on this?

I'm pretty sure I have heard of other providers offering the music channels. I could be mistaken, but pretty sure. As mentioned, when comparing packages as an entity rather than as a personal choice(package arrangements cary) Dish offers the best price. As the equipment increases, so does the cost, and the savings diminish. I would venture the average home with multiple tvs is setup to be 3, maybe four rooms... Even with 2H/2J that is 24+14=$38

DTV is $15+6.50(4)+4(whole home fee)=$45. That is a huge difference.

So to further state the point, the average consumer will find a significant savings annually with Dish, then DTV.

Oh and also I might add, If you Sign up for the $49.99 price lock with dish, as soon as you Upgrade your base pck, you will never get that Rate again.
It will be $54.99 if you go to downgrade back to 120 Plus.
Found that out the hard way.
Top 200 and 250 remain the same.
Hmmm, didn't know that but at least it's only $5 more per month, but still money that could go to another joey or something. Nice catch, if only we could hear something more definitive on the new remotes. Even if they will be upgrade options I'm sure they'll have some concessions on them for new customers.

Reactions: Troch77
Troch, are you a troll for Direct? If a Dish subscriber I'm not sure what your game is here.
What makes my info Trollish?
I'm posting fact based Pricing.
Comparing the Top basepackage with and without premiums.

Also the OP stated the $49.99 pack is what caught his attention.
So yous don't think Truthful information is acceptable?

Does it make DISH look bad or something?

Sorry but I want research that tells the real world numbers.
That doesn't make me a Troll.

I'm glad to give the OP some figures and advice.

I'm pretty sure I have heard of other providers offering the music channels. I could be mistaken, but pretty sure. As mentioned, when comparing packages as an entity rather than as a personal choice(package arrangements cary) Dish offers the best price. As the equipment increases, so does the cost, and the savings diminish. I would venture the average home with multiple tvs is setup to be 3, maybe four rooms... Even with 2H/2J that is 24+14=$38

DTV is $15+6.50(4)+4(whole home fee)=$45. That is a huge difference.

So to further state the point, the average consumer will find a significant savings annually with Dish, then DTV.
I compared like Packages.
You are the only one that disputes that these are the equivalent packages.

Choice Xtra is the only package that dish doesn't have a comparison to.

Top 120 VS Entertainment pack
Top 200 VS Choice Package.
Top 250 Vs Ultimate.
They have virtually the same network channels, they are virtually the same price, they both have Music channel, and I'm not going to look at Dish Network claiming they have 290 channels.
They also claimed they had 200 HD channels by counting 52 VOD channels and Part Time RSNs.
Guess we all forgot about that.
That 290 is more like 250.
Charlie no doubt in my mind, Would rename this package TOP 300 if he really felt they had 290 channels worth talking about.

If you acually bothered to read my post, Instead of being hell bent on numbers you would have seen there was Nothing insinuating that Directv is cheaper across the board, or that my posting was claiming anything specific to offend people.
NOTHING.

You guys could feel free to show your prices and setups, No one is stopping you.

In my case what was Stated Price is Virtually a WASH.!
Big freaken deal!

Some of yous can't be told anything.
But I'm the Troll?

Okay this is what I did when it came to comparing both Directv and Dish from a Price stand point.

They are Very close when full price is in effect.
Now I could have went with a SuperJoey and saved $2 per month, But not worth losing another tuner.

But it's going to come down to the channels you want.

Dish doesn't have Nearly the same RSNS in my area as Directv, but don't care.
DISH is even missing quite a few Premium movie channels in HD and SD, but still essentially charges the same for Cinemax and Showtime as Directv.

But Dish has EPIX and Multiplex channels, and a Few more Networks that show older programming that benifits my mother.

The Hopper works better by far, But the Joeys are Hit or miss, So acually I'm going to say it's a Draw.

But DISH does offer a nice deal with Netflix,and the free 2 years DVR fee, also a large list of A la carte, and lower priced options that Directv doesn't offer.

But as you can see Directv can be cheaper.

View attachment 110966
View attachment 110967
Here incase you want to acually read my evaluation.
Instead of attacking me over nothing!

To the OP feel free to PM me if you want to see final bills for equipment setup under your promo, and also if you need anything with your Hopper setup.

My next Project is I'm switching out my Slow Joey for a Wireless one.

Then maybe I'll upgrade my other Joey for a 4K joey when it comes out soon lol.

Thanks everyone but I decided to hold off on going with Dish for now & just stick with streaming in the meantime. Made my final decision after talking to a sales CSR online. Seems like for this $49.99 offer they are asking for a $150 upfront payment for the HWS but none if you're just going with the regular Hopper. I just got Uverse service for another nearby location & with any service I've ever gotten, was not asked to pay for anything upfront.

But the whole sign up process just reminded me of one of the reasons why I left cable & satellite for streaming services.

Over an hour with credit checks, trying the upsell, on hold coming back with better offers, "let me check with my manager ", etc. Contrast with Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix. ...this is what you want? Enter credit card, bam, you're on.....want to disconnect, login here & just click on disconnect, no contract, no cancellation fees, no run arounds.

So thanks everyone here for the advice & recommendations but if these service providers were as efficient as Sat Guys I'd sign up any day.

Reactions: Troch77
There's no charge for a Hopper with Sling with the $49.99 Price Lock offer for credit qualified customers.

I didn't pay anthing for My 2 Hopper and 2 Joey setup.
I have one with Sling and one without.
I had to pay for my 211z though, but that was less than $90 and I own it.

Certainly not an exclusive, but to my mind, one of the better offerings and certainly of higher audio quality than most.
I don't agree, I have 3 cars with Sirius XM, and the music is just as repetitive as the local radio station.
With the Library that out there I should not hear the same song 6 times in the same 24 hour time frame.
The Pandora app is way Better and Free!

I don't agree, I have 3 cars with Sirius XM, and the music is just as repetitive as the local radio station.
With the Library that out there I should not hear the same song 6 times in the same 24 hour time frame.
The Pandora app is way Better and Free!
To each their own. Pandora and other streaming apps are only as good as the cell service where you are driving through. I have been in very sparsely covered cellular data areas while driving where streaming apps are useless but my siriusxm service keeps on kicking.

One can argue repetition but I would rather have my choice of music anywhere versus having to scan through ever changing FM channels in the boonies.

I have my choice of about six palatable broadcast radio stations. Sirius offers me at least that (although they seem to like to screw with the 40's station) and there is another six or seven that I like on DISH CD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)